2016 WRX that P.O. spent $28,000 on engine build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but I'd think if you can spend $28k on tuner brah stuff, dealing with a car payment on a 4 year old Subaru shouldn't be that bad even with the added expense of a kid? Maybe the insurance was as much as the car payment? Whatever the case, congrats on your "my loss your gain" purchase. Should be a lot more fun than the Spark.

Did you see that bit at the end? $8900 on Visa, $15,160 on Discover and the rest on Mastercard. Maybe he's going to default on the cards and wants to have a car in cash that can't be repossessed. Or he'll just be making those credit card payments for a long time.

Defaulting on the credit card payments has no effect on repossession. Credit cards are unsecured debt. It's not like a car loan where the car is collateral.

If you get lucky you might find someone who want it and will pay more then its value of what it actually is, 3 year old WRX with 80k+.

Majority of buyers will skip so should be interesting.

Its like watching a train wreck

35.gif

Enjoy it - the engine should hold up as the Fx engines seem to be stronger than the EJ series but don't expect bone-stock reliability.
As long as the shop dialed in the E85 tune and you have a backup to go back to pump gas I think you should be OK.

Sell it? Man I haven't even STARTED in on it. The cop car I just sold took up most of my time the last month. This WRX has a dozen key scratches that I need to either buff out, fill or get painted depending on how deep they are. Been too cold recently for that. Maybe by the weekend.

28,000 for 450 to wheels or crank? That is eh.

Around here in the greater Seattle area it would fetch anywhere from 20 to 24,000.

I researched WRX's in the southern Missouri and northern Oklahoma area last year. Met up with several Subaru forum members at local car shows and got chatting with them. I ended up losing interest because of costs as well as limited family time to get another project. If your car is in good shape overall, that would fetch 20 to 22,000 in this area all day long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back