New non-dexos1 Pennzoil full syns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody see these yet on the shelves? Never heard of them until now.

PennzoilNew.jpg

PennzoilNew1.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by donnyj08

No issues. If mods deleted every repeat thread we wouldn't have many threads at all.

lol.gif

You just need to reword the threads. For example not many "thin vs. thick" threads lately (which I kind of miss) but the titles have changed to "should I use x20 or x30" which doesn't trigger as much passion! you need to reword/rebrand and redistribute
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
As was stated in another thread, "Coming soon to a clearance shelf near you!"

Bingo!!

Originally Posted by HemiBenny
As was stated in another thread, "Coming soon to a clearance shelf near you!"

I suspect you're right.

These seem like MBA-inspired "values" designed to suck more money from customer wallets...Perception is Reality in their corrupt little minds.

This is why I like to buy oil at Big Lots and Dollar General, lol. They only have like 2 brands in 3 viscosities. Pick one and get out of there. I don't need them blinding me with science!

I can kind of see the reason for the marketing here. For us nerds, we want to know what makes it "Start-Stop", why is it better for that?. Ditto for the other vague categories.
Until then, we an assume these oils are barely different than Platinum, and not dexos1 tested, which makes them suspect compared to oils with better specs like dexos1 or VW 508 or MB 229.71 or LL-14FE+

This marketing seems to be targeted to the younger generation. Generalities don't work, the products have to be specific. But how many of the younger generation buy and change their own oil?

A young man goes into the store asking for a oil for his stop/start vehicle. He also wants maximum power and the ability to run the oil for a extended interval. Which one does he pick?

The clerk tells him any of the oils will work which results in the blank stare that is so common these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back