2020 Hyundai Santa Fe factory fill?

Status
Not open for further replies.
does any one know what the 2020 Hyundai santafe came with from the factory with?
I will need my first change shortly and would like to use the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hyundai has a relationship with Quaker State:
From torquenews.com:
"Hyundai Motor America has announced a relationship with Shell Oil to recommend its Quaker State branded motor oils for Hyundai's dealer network as part of a new lubricants program. ... Hyundai also uses Quaker State as the primary supplier of initial motor oil for its vehicles as they roll off the assembly line."

My Hyundai dealer uses Quaker State oil 5W20 for their oil changes.

It came with a Shell oil product, of which Quaker State falls under the umbrella.

Originally Posted by Chris142
You probably not going to be able to buy the exact same product that the factory put in when it was built in Korea. Its likely a QS product.

The Santa Fe is also assembled in Alabama and Algeria according to Wiki.

"Oil?" For a thread title?
Could you be any more lazy?

How about,...What oil comes in new Santa Fe? And then I wouldn't waste my time looking at a thread I know absolutely NOTHING about!

Originally Posted by JayhawkRoy
Hyundai has a relationship with Quaker State:
From torquenews.com:
"Hyundai Motor America has announced a relationship with Shell Oil to recommend its Quaker State branded motor oils for Hyundai's dealer network as part of a new lubricants program. ... Hyundai also uses Quaker State as the primary supplier of initial motor oil for its vehicles as they roll off the assembly line."

My Hyundai dealer uses Quaker State oil 5W20 for their oil changes.

All that said, QSUD is a bargain even at regular Walmart price

Originally Posted by ammolab
"Oil?" For a thread title?
Could you be any more lazy?

How about,...What oil comes in new Santa Fe? And then I wouldn't waste my time looking at a thread I know absolutely NOTHING about!

Q. Oil?
A. Yes.

QSGB 5w20?
21.gif

For conventional, you can't beat Pennzoil or QuakerState 5w20.
For "synthetic", you can't beat Toyota 0w20.

For cost reasons Hyundai would use QSGB 5W20 . The dealer will use 5W30 Quaker State Syn Blend on your first fill ; if doing yourself go up to synthetic QSUD 5W20 or *5W30 (either allowed for your new 2020) .

*If you plan to keep the 2020 well past 100K miles - then use 5W30 synthetic and don't look back .

You will never really know what is in the sump from the factory. QS is a guess since Hyundai has a marketing agreement with them. That agreement is no more than a paid endorsement though.

Just toss some conoco phillips Motorcraft 5w20 in there,
Good enough for Honda and Ford.
It lugs better than the QSGB .

Switch to fake or real synthetic at 7500K+

Leave the factory stuff in at least 2500 miles though!

Originally Posted by knerml
This is all guess work.

Hyundai/Kia does have a marketing agreement with Shell.

But, it is anybody guess what the fill is. Vendors probably change over time based on purchase agreements.

Might even be Hyundai's own brand of oil.

It's obvious nobody actually bothered to check out the link I provided, otherwise we wouldn't be reading "nobody knows for sure" posts.

Here, allow me to make it easy for y'all...
[Linked Image]

From the 2019 Palisade owners manual. QS/Shell is still the "preferred" oil for Kia/Hyundai...
[Linked Image]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back