2016 WRX that P.O. spent $28,000 on engine build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was the engine built as a upgrade or because it was blown? If cause it was blown, hopefully looked over other areas for signs of abuse possibly?

First line of the labor portion states " customer states that the motor is making noise, please diagnose" The next line is "remove engine". Sounds like the previous owner popped it. If someone wants a 2016 WRX, and the shop did what they say correctly and it's all working together right, then that's probably a really sweet car. I would be reluctant to own it only because if it gets wrecked, insurance is still only cutting you a check for $21-22k.

Originally Posted by GZRider
I would be reluctant to own it only because if it gets wrecked, insurance is still only cutting you a check for $21-22k.

If I could sell it for that much I'll be very pleased.

Honestly you should be able to private party it for $20-21.5k all day in the DC area, especially to the plethora of well funded foreign college students and diplomats kids at GWU, American and Georgetown. Take some pics and put up a small poster with tear off phone numbers down by campus with a burner or voip phone number. It will be gone by Thanksgiving.

so wait why did he spend 28000 then sell it? Part of the story is missing here.. he going to jail or something?

Originally Posted by Rand
so wait why did he spend 28000 then sell it? Part of the story is missing here.. he going to jail or something?

Sorta. Having a kid. Didn't want to have a car note. Went to his bank to pay it off.

Oh aye, but as long as Atikovi owns it right and doesn't hold onto it too long he should make out pretty well on the past owners automotive missteps. A built WRX is a lot like an M5 automatic, or a girlfriend named Candy. They sure are fun to ride around, but they always need high dollar maintenance in one form or another. Plus no matter how much you spend there's that nagging suspicion she's still gonna blow a head gasket and is just not something you'd want to rely on if your life depends on it.

Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Rand

Sorta. Having a kid. Didn't want to have a car note. Went to his bank to pay it off.

Bet he wishes he spent that 28k on a family car ...

Built engines are incredibly efficient at emptying bank accounts, or racking up credit cards ... all to get to the next stop light before the other guy. YEAAAAH !

Buying a (heavily) modified car is never a good idea. I would sell that car ASAP before it gives you problems. Or buy an Evo that can hold that power with the stock block lol.

Engine overhaul calls for 21.3 hours
"Includes: Measure Cylinder Bores, Crankshaft & Pistons For Proper Size & Hone Cylinders. Renew Pistons, Rings, Main & Rod Bearings, Grind Valves, Clean Or Renew Spark Plugs, R&I Engine & Make All Necessary Adjustments"

At $150 an hour which is HIGH but not unheard of is $3,195.

Your Invoice.....
Remove engine....................................................$660
Teardown longblock..............................................$660
Build shortblock....................................................$880
Assemble longblock.............................................$825
Install engine........................................................$660
Disassemble & Reassemble cylinder heads........$330
Adjust valve clearance.........................................$330
Total......................................................................$4,345

Didn't add the valve job, Though I should have, The turbo install might have been more involved....But I doubt it.
To top it off.....Spend $28,000, And still charge for a diagnostic fee!

$330 to flush the heater core
crazy2.gif

I didn't check part markup.....I'm sure it's beyond ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back