What if you got an old Muscle Car for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by 02SE
Originally Posted by Nick1994
I'd tell him to keep his money, and not blow it like most lotto player winners do.

If I want an old muscle car, I'll buy one.

Why are you always such a buzz kill?

It must be exhausting being such a Negative Nancy on everyone's posts.

Sound like Pop Rivit.

Sorry if some common sense hurts your feelings.

Furthermore, the opinion of a kid that is proud of stealing from Costco, really doesn't matter to me.

I'd rather "steal" from Costco than live a hateful life with a permanent frown on my face.

You must be quite lonely.

There are so many, let's break it down by make:

1970 Chevelle LS6
1971 Trans Am 455SD (dream machine from the promised land)
1968 Hurst/Olds
1970 GS Stage 2
Boss 429
Cougar 428
Superbird
Charger Daytona
AMX 390

What I would ask for as a friend:
1969 Camaro, Chevelle 1964-72

I'd tell him to keep his money, and not blow it like most lotto player winners do.

If I want an old muscle car, I'll buy one.

Why are you always such a buzz kill?

It must be exhausting being such a Negative Nancy on everyone's posts.

Sound like Pop Rivit.

Sorry if some common sense hurts your feelings.

Furthermore, the opinion of a kid that is proud of stealing from Costco, really doesn't matter to me.

I'd rather "steal" from Costco than live a hateful life with a permanent frown on my face.

You must be quite lonely.

Wrong again, kid.

My life is all about fun and pursuing my hobbies. I/we have lots of fun, and lots of friends. No hate, except for dishonest people.

You're just mad because I called out your theft of an IIRC an airfryer, and you felt good about it because it was a "Big Business" that deserved it, or words to that effect.

Come on guys, keep on track and don't derail this please.

How about a GT 40 I wish I could fit in one, it's by far my favorite looking car of the era

A hemi superbird, if it came with armed guards. Or may a Ford Talladega, the same sort of thing.

To actually drive, a 73 big block Monte Carlo in Black, or a Type S3 Laguna, 74 Grand Am 455 or possibly a cowl induction Chevelle 454 4 speed.

Rod

1967 Buick Riviera... YES PLEASE!!

[Linked Image]

It would be an easy choice for me:--either a

1968 Pontiac Firebird (first choice)
[Linked Image from iili.io]

or a 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Z28:

[Linked Image from americanmusclecarmuseum.com]

Originally Posted by Redright9
1967 Buick Riviera... YES PLEASE!!

[Linked Image]

Love the spokes!

Originally Posted by Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
65 to 67 Pontiac GTO

+1

I wish I could have kept my 65...

Originally Posted by Oldmoparguy1
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
65 to 67 Pontiac GTO

+1

I wish I could have kept my 65...

+1

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
I'll take one of these.

[Linked Image]

Alright, in the spirit of the thread, I'll also say an original 427 Cobra.

I did buy a late model version of what was intended as a successor (with input from Carroll), instead.

Rick Ehrenberg's Green Brick 1969 Valiant.

That not an option, any 1968-74 A-body (probably a Dart or Valiant sedan) done up essentially the same way...great handling, great brakes, and a rip-roaring 500+HP bullet under the hood. It would be equally at home at Epping, Watkins Glen, a highway, or a back road.

Originally Posted by RayCJ

I'll be a party pooper and just say "Give me the cash equivalent and keep the car".

In my days, I built a Chevy II Nova and one of my daily drivers was a '72 442. They were great in a straight line and in their day, could pass anything on the road but a gas station. Other than that, they were a pure PITA. They sounded and looked nice but were basically rattle-traps. Suspension, steering, brakes -and reliability in-general were pure junk compared to any modern low-end "performance" vehicle.

Been There, Done That (in real time)... You can keep e'm.

If I were to suddenly act-out on my midlife crisis, I'd get a Camaro ZL1-1LE and an AMG C 63 S-class.

That's because they were GM cars.

Hate to be the picky one, but Mustangs, Camaros, Barracudas etc are pony cars, not muscle cars.
Corvettes and Cobras are sports cars.
I will find a pic of the 4-4-2... For now, here's a sports car (my ghetto ride, money pit, wasted $$).

Flame suit on...

68 Plain Jane.jpg

Last edited:
I think we have to define "muscle car" as something American that was built early sixties to early seventies.
Given those constraints, I'd like either a '67 Z28 or any of the real hemi engined Chrysler division cars of the day.
There's also the R-code Ford 427.
In the absence of those constraints, there are a bunch of Italian exotics of the period anyone would love to have, although the American iron would be much less costly to own and drive.
And, yeah, I'd drive the thing. That's what cars are for after all.
I'll add an editorial comment in that auctions and the concept of old cars as investments have ruined the hobby for typical enthusiast lookers. There was a time when an average buyer could find E-type Jags, Ferraris of various vintages as well as the now wildly overpriced mid-year Corvettes for affordable money. Those days ended back in the eighties. To think that American cars that were once found mainly on cheap used car lots with nobody older than eighteen or so wanting them given their thirst are now high dollar collectables seems a sad joke.

Originally Posted by fdcg27
I think we have to define "muscle car" as something American that was built early sixties to early seventies.
Given those constraints, I'd like either a '67 Z28 or any of the real hemi engined Chrysler division cars of the day.
There's also the R-code Ford 427.
In the absence of those constraints, there are a bunch of Italian exotics of the period anyone would love to have, although the American iron would be much less costly to own and drive.
And, yeah, I'd drive the thing. That's what cars are for after all.
I'll add an editorial comment in that auctions and the concept of old cars as investments have ruined the hobby for typical enthusiast lookers. There was a time when an average buyer could find E-type Jags, Ferraris of various vintages as well as the now wildly overpriced mid-year Corvettes for affordable money. Those days ended back in the eighties. To think that American cars that were once found mainly on cheap used car lots with nobody older than eighteen or so wanting them given their thirst are now high dollar collectables seems a sad joke.

In the early 1990's almost bought a PERFECT, all original 67 Corvette Roadster, 327, 4 speed, blue/blue/white. Low $20's
The one that got away...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back