Wiper Blade Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get about 9 months to 1 year out of mine. That's 9-12 months of good performance in all weather.

If I stretch it and put up with streaky first few wipes (till the rubber gets wet and softens), I can get a couple years out of them. Lately I've been using Anco Transform hybrid blades from a RA closeout. They don't last terribly long (about average) but they are decent blades that wipe well.

I think the set on the pickup are 3 years old or so, same with the Equinox. I replaced wipers when I bought them and haven't replaced them since. The 442's blades are at least 10 years old (it never sees inclement weather) and the T's wiper is at least 20 years old (also never sees inclement weather).

The pickup and Equinox always park in the garage when at home or at the condo, rarely see rain and have never seen snow.

I replace every year just because cheap insurance and that is around the time they start to lightly streak, car is only "garaged" when I am at work M-F but sits out the rest of the time. I'm crazy OCD so even slight streaks drive me up the wall.

Try a set of Silicone blades. I bought the PIAA and know people that claim 10+ years out of them. A little more costly initially but cheaper over the long haul and work so much better. They leave a film like rain-x on windshield which also helps. Very smooth and quiet.

I used to clean my wipers with alcohol to make them last longer. I now use silicon spray and it seems to be vastly better at cleaning and preserving. I usually get a year or two.

Once per year but I am expecting greater life after soaking my inserts in 303 overnight in zip lock baggies.
banana2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back