What if you got an old Muscle Car for free?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take one of these.

[Linked Image]

If we're limiting it to muscle cars, '68 Charger.

Really, though, I'd take a Ferrari 360 Modena with the gated manual trans.

Last edited:
Hemi Cuda or GT 500 perhaps.

For those of cramping on this, it's just a game lighten up
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Fawteen
I don't have any friends that are foolish enough to play the lottery (and it's not available here). Even if I did, I'd refuse a gift like that. It's a waste of someone else's money.

Who pees in your Cheerios everyday?

Originally Posted by AZjeff
Some of you guys must be a whole lot of fun to be around.
spankme2.gif

My best friend (my wife) thinks I'm lots of fun. All our other friends like us too. Or they are just very good at faking it...

We have quite a few toys. We don't need anyone buying toys for us.

And as alluded to by others, anyone foolish enough to play the Lotto, is also likely to blow any winnings in short order. So if they by slim chance win, I'd advise them to invest and spend it wisely.

I'd take any muscle car that they would choose to give me.

If I'm picking then a turquoise 1969/70 Charger 440 Six Pack or

1969 Dodge Coronet R/T 440 convertible.

Originally Posted by 02SE
I'd tell him to keep his money, and not blow it like most lotto player winners do.

If I want an old muscle car, I'll buy one.

Why are you always such a buzz kill?

It must be exhausting being such a Negative Nancy on everyone's posts.

Sound like Pop Rivit.

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Originally Posted by 02SE
I'd tell him to keep his money, and not blow it like most lotto player winners do.

If I want an old muscle car, I'll buy one.

Why are you always such a buzz kill?

It must be exhausting being such a Negative Nancy on everyone's posts.

Sound like Pop Rivit.

Sorry if some common sense hurts your feelings.

Furthermore, the opinion of a kid that is proud of stealing from Costco, really doesn't matter to me.

I'll be a party pooper and just say "Give me the cash equivalent and keep the car".

In my days, I built a Chevy II Nova and one of my daily drivers was a '72 442. They were great in a straight line and in their day, could pass anything on the road but a gas station. Other than that, they were a pure PITA. They sounded and looked nice but were basically rattle-traps. Suspension, steering, brakes -and reliability in-general were pure junk compared to any modern low-end "performance" vehicle.

Been There, Done That (in real time)... You can keep e'm.

If I were to suddenly act-out on my midlife crisis, I'd get a Camaro ZL1-1LE and an AMG C 63 S-class.

I'd take the $$ and mail check to broker for investment. What I don't need at this juncture in my life is something that requires maintenance, fuel and insurance. Or something that eats and (whoops, can't say that, don't want to get banned again. One is enough. Wouldn't have one vehicle that is we had public transit.

1967 Corvette Stingray 427 L88, 560 bhp @ 5400 rpm, Torque 550 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm.

[Linked Image]

...if I could take just the money I would get the new 2020 Corvette Stingray C8.

1968 Dodge Charger. 383 or higher and it has to be a 4 speed with the pistol grip. I have been wanting one for more than 40 years. Can't afford one. And this would not be a garage queen. It would get driven and probably every day.

Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back