Info on Mfgr for Car Quest Gear Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I called the toll-free number on a private label bottle of the full synthetic gear oil sold by Car Quest.

I found out two things:

1. The company who makes the syn gear oil is Amalie. High quality products from this outfit.

2. Already has the friction modifiers added. Therefore, no LSD additive necessary.

Some of the CARQUEST motor oils are now produced by one of the two Warren named oil companies, not sure which one. The Amalie made products come in a white cardboard box, and the Warren products come in a brown cardboard box as of late. The bottles have a different shape ( both the quart and 5 quart). I'm not sure about other lubricant products ( gear lube and greases e.g.) .

Originally Posted by Electromotive
Some of the CARQUEST motor oils are now produced by one of the two Warren named oil companies, not sure which one. The Amalie made products come in a white cardboard box, and the Warren products come in a brown cardboard box as of late. The bottles have a different shape ( both the quart and 5 quart). I'm not sure about other lubricant products ( gear lube and greases e.g.) .

Yeah, the guy I talked to could only vouch for the synthetic gear oil coming from Amalie. He wasn't sure where the motor oil came from, but he said somewhere in NC.

If it says AOC on the bottom of the bottle, it is Amalie
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back