cpo 2017 acura rdx?

Originally Posted by gofast182
Originally Posted by Toros
US News and World Report auto ratings.

I was already questioning a couple of your responses. You do realize that they don't test any cars, right? They have people interpret other professional reviews and then establish rankings based on those interpretations.

But its still a better source than personal opinions and anecdotes

I was already questioning a couple of your responses. You do realize that they don't test any cars, right? They have people interpret other professional reviews and then establish rankings based on those interpretations.

Bu!lsh!t. Actual accounts from actual owners who live with the car(s) on a daily basis are better than US News and World Report who interprets other people's opinions who mostly drive cars from press fleets for a couple weeks at a time?

Bu!lsh!t. Actual accounts from actual owners who live with the car(s) on a daily basis are better than US News and World Report who interprets other people's opinions who mostly drive cars from press fleets for a couple weeks at a time?

[censored] do you think the reviews USNWR interprets are but personal opinions and anecdotes? They come from Motortrend, C & D, Edmunds, etc. Other than a few cars that make it to their long-term test fleets, they don't live with them very long, certainly not long enough to tell anyone about real reliability. "Yes, the brand new press car was very reliable over the two weeks we had it before we had to turn it back in." Toros: "Wow, great info. there. Sally, you said you had one for 18mo. and had an issue with the infotainment system locking up a few months ago and the dealer hasn't been able to fix it yet? I saw on one of the forums a couple other people had that exact issue, too, but I really don't care because US News said it was number two in their rankings."

[censored] do you think the reviews USNWR interprets are but personal opinions and anecdotes? They come from Motortrend, C & D, Edmunds, etc. Other than a few cars that make it to their long-term test fleets, they don't live with them very long, certainly not long enough to tell anyone about real reliability. "Yes, the brand new press car was very reliable over the two weeks we had it before we had to turn it back in." Toros: "Wow, great info. there. Sally, you said you had one for 18mo. and had an issue with the infotainment system locking up a few months ago and the dealer hasn't been able to fix it yet? I saw on one of the forums a couple other people had that exact issue, too, but I really don't care because US News said it was number two in their rankings."

But it's still a better source than personal opinions and anecdotes

https://cars.usnews.com/methodology

Note the word " methodology". It's important.

The rdx is a tarted-up CRV which on its own has become an excellent platform if a CUV suits your needs. They do have some road noise in them, but are also quick on their feet. I’ve never been in the v6 - for a cuv that’s probably a rocket. Hondas v6 is a good machine. The local dealer does not gouge on timing belt prices and I wouldn’t let that be an issue. Personally, I’d prefer the turbo 4 however, just because of the lighter weight up front. A v6 would be a heavy engine in the front of that vehicle.

You could be right, compared to a Hummer or a Ford Raptor. As for the OP, I'd bet 9 out of 10 people would buy a 2 year old RDX before they'd buy your then 7 year old, out of warranty, costly to fix and maintain Mercedes.
The funny thing is that older ML350 is a total dog even compared to a RDX.

Back