Recommend a great product for leather seats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dart has leather seats. The driver seat has some wear. Minor wrinkles/cracks in the leather. What would be a good conditioner for them to make them last as long as possible?

Last edited:
Minor wrinkles and cracks in the coating are normal and no conditioner will prevent it. You could have the seat repaired to new, but I question the quality of the leather in a Dart to begin with.

The best leather cleaner / conditioner I have ever used is Griot's Leather 3-in-1 Spray.

you will hear about all the auto leather cleaners. what I use is leather honey. on my shoes, old leather
briefcases, belts, leather jackets, and car seats.

It is not toxic (no gloves needed), wipe on and let soak in. excess where no longer needed can be wiped off
and no need for hazmat clothing when driving. it also softens the leather, brings up the original color to
faded areas.

but check to make sure the leather seats are NOT coated which prevents soaking in.

and for those of you into expensive shoes, it woks better than the Sapphir products.

Originally Posted by Californiabob
you will hear about all the auto leather cleaners. what I use is leather honey. on my shoes, old leather
briefcases, belts, leather jackets, and car seats.

It is not toxic (no gloves needed), wipe on and let soak in. excess where no longer needed can be wiped off
and no need for hazmat clothing when driving. it also softens the leather, brings up the original color to
faded areas.

but check to make sure the leather seats are NOT coated which prevents soaking in.

and for those of you into expensive shoes, it woks better than the Sapphir products.

Please share what product you use.

It's mostly likely top-coated (think vinyl) leather. Vacuum then mist seats with distilled water, wipe, then hit the seats with thin layer of something like 303 Aerospace.

Originally Posted by diyjake
Please share what product you use.

He said leather honey.

Which is a fine product, but 99% of car seats are coated leather. For certain the seats in a Dart are.

My dad used to use saddle soap on leather seats about every year or 2 and it kept the leather seats like new. I dont recall the name exactly, but it came in a big metal can. Good for anything leather and it is Cheap and lasts a long time. Any farm store or shoe store has it.

Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Stop sliding out.

The cracks are actually on the bottom where the edge of your thigh would hit. I'm very cautious to not slide in the seat . I'm super anal about that kinda stuff. ...‚

I use Lexol. It stopped my Durango's steering wheel from crashing any further. Speaking of which, I really need to do my 300 lol

Originally Posted by BJD78
My dad used to use saddle soap on leather seats about every year or 2 and it kept the leather seats like new. I dont recall the name exactly, but it came in a big metal can. Good for anything leather and it is Cheap and lasts a long time. Any farm store or shoe store has it.

For real leather that isn't coated or anything, saddle soap is awesome. It's worked for decades upon decades... I usually finish with a good rubbing of mink oil afterwards.

All car leather is coated or else it would ruin almost instantly with use. It's porous though which is why leather "breathes" unlike vinyl seats. Chemical Guys leather detailer is good stuff. Armor All Leather Protectant is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back