Looking for a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by pandus13
OP, First glad the kid is OK.

Now, alternative suggestions:
-Chevy Volt: How are the prices on first gen in your area? It's a hatch.
-2001-2004 and 2005-2007 Ford Focus Wagon (low truck with a cover all over) 70+ cubic ft space inside with backseat down. Should be plenty cheap, and most of the parts are from regular Ford focus which they sold a lot.
-Ford Escape Hybrid?

The Volt is a little above my price rank. There are a lot of Spark EVs out there. I'll look at the Focus. The problematic transmission was in the 2009 and above correct?

Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister
In my price range, I've found a 4WD 2006 Liberty in great shape with 100K.
A 2011 Kia Soul with the 2.0L and 49K
And finally a 2009 Toyota Matrix with 79K

They are all automatic, clean car fax. I know about the potential issues with the Liberty. Any potential issues with the Kia or Toyota?

Thx,

Reggie

The Matrix is the best choice out of the three
smile.gif

The Soul is cool, but it has a timing belt
mad.gif

Originally Posted by Sunnyinhollister
Originally Posted by pandus13
OP, First glad the kid is OK.

Now, alternative suggestions:
-Chevy Volt: How are the prices on first gen in your area? It's a hatch.
-2001-2004 and 2005-2007 Ford Focus Wagon (low truck with a cover all over) 70+ cubic ft space inside with backseat down. Should be plenty cheap, and most of the parts are from regular Ford focus which they sold a lot.
-Ford Escape Hybrid?

The Volt is a little above my price rank. There are a lot of Spark EVs out there. I'll look at the Focus. The problematic transmission was in the 2009 and above correct?

Nope. Wrong Focus.

I specifically suggested the Ford Focus WAGON, since it has a lot of inside carrying space (pretty close to a truck) and should be pretty cheap.
2001-2004 had more interior space: 76 cubic ft
2005-2007 had better seats but a bit less space: 72 cubic ft.

I would not put the kids in a small car (Yaris, focus hatchback, etc) because of crazies on the road.

If you go cars, ford fusion/ford fusion hybrid should be cheap too.

Dunno about the Kia but Matrix issues are few: 5MT I think can have input bearing problems on the trans. If it's the 2.4L model the engine can burn oil. I forget if it's the 1.8 or the 2.4, but one of them can have intake manifold gasket problems. After that... nothing comes to mind for typical problem issues (outside of the typical used car problems).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back