Mobil 1 ESP 0w20

Originally Posted by jqgz
Very good VI. Do you have a link where this oil can be purchased?

ESP is a sleeper, and imo one of their best offerings. NAPA is running it in 0W30 and 5W30 for $5.49/quart. I loaded up. They might be able to get it in other grades.

ESP NAPA

Is this really that different from other M1 Products?
Isn't sulfated ash for other M1 products around 0.8%?

Originally Posted by demarpaint

ESP is a sleeper, and imo one of their best offerings. NAPA is running it in 0W30 and 5W30 for $5.49/quart. I loaded up. They might be able to get it in other grades.

ESP NAPA

I buy my 5w-30 EPS on Amazon for $106 for 12 liters

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-103469...mp;psc=1&refRID=ASMQ5DKJ4A30YVTA9A55

Originally Posted by Davejam
Is this really that different from other M1 Products?
Isn't sulfated ash for other M1 products around 0.8%?
Yes SA is about 0.8% in dexos1 Mobil1 oils too.
M1 ESP 0w20, 0w30, 0w40, 5w30 oils all meet higher tougher German oil or Corvette specs, although Mobil1 Annual Protection 0w20 is all-PAO anyway and might come very close to M1 ESP x2 0w20 in performance, but we don't know for certain.

Google shopping says SunCoast Porsche website sales, and ebay sometimes has some. Maybe local porsche dealerships use it too. I might start getting that oil later on for my VW 508 application.
Like JohnnyJohnson above, Google Shopping is also ignorant about the diffs between M1 EP and M1 ESP, so both appear in the shopping list.
smirk2.gif
Make sure you get the ESP one. I read a post the other day where a diesel Mercedes (almost new car) owner used M1 AFE 0w30 for years without knowing or caring if its the right oil.

Appears this oil would meet specifications for GM's new 3.0L Duramax that is available in the 2020 1/2 tons. Pulled this from the manual.

[Linked Image]

gonefishing, cool new fact there. That means Chevy & GMC dealerships might start carrying it within a few months, similar to the new Corvette M1 ESP 0w40 they had to start stocking last year. Unless the AC-Delco 0w-20 dexosD is all they get, guess that is very likely. ..... Availability will get easier, good news for me when I might start getting it later for my VW 508.
Suncoast Porsche mail order, or maybe local Porsche dealerships have it now. Mercedes and VW-Audi dealerships usually don't because they have deals for their own store-brand labelled oil or deals with Castrol.

Mobil told me over the phone that the ESP x2 0W20 is presently only available via Porsche and Bentley dealers in the USA.
They hope to expand availability in the future, they say.

Bruh, if word gets out they put 0w20 in a diesel - may as well include a matching man purse with that truck
wink.gif

Originally Posted by Mainia
Originally Posted by demarpaint

ESP NAPA

I buy my 5w-30 EPS on Amazon for $106 for 12 liters

https://www.amazon.com/Mobil-103469...mp;psc=1&refRID=ASMQ5DKJ4A30YVTA9A55

I bought some on AMZN in quarts a while back. The NAPA quart deal comes in at $65.88 for 12 quarts, which imo is great for ESP oil, so far the best deal I have seen. There is a $10 gift card rebate going on now which makes it even better.

I'm going to run this at some point just to try it. PAO - GTL - Esters. Meets Porsche C20 spec so it's definitely robust.

Back