Castrol EDGE Pickup 5w30

Status
Not open for further replies.
....add this one to the list lol.

Link

Proof of Performance:
3x stronger than the leading full synthetic against viscosity breakdown*
6x stronger against wear vs the industry benchmark**
10x stronger against high temperature oil thickening to unlock maximum engine performance***

33.gif

Lol

Lol not necessarily. I may try Rotella Truck oil next. It's something new...

Originally Posted by Onetor
Buster, you are certainly enjoying Castrol...

I think buster's sold out to the Castrol man!...‚

Jk buster.. good work. But did we really need another gas truck oil?...

Now show me the rebates Castrol...

LOL! I promise I haven't sold out to anyone. It's just something new.
smile.gif

It looks like they're all piling on the PU and SUV oil market. Makes sense considering how popular pickups and SUVs are.

castrol executive meeting:top of the morning lads did u see m1 suv oil?oh my word thats marvelous.
aright me mates let's do the same,blokes will believe what ever,lets call it pick up without actualy changing s bloody thing in the oil.
its a statistic,some %of the people will buy into that,annoying but true.

Last edited:
Now if they could spend some money on their website. They recently changed it up some but it still takes countless steps to get to what you were looking for.

Too complicated, like their product lineup.

Originally Posted by buster
Proof of Performance:
10x stronger against high temperature oil thickening to unlock maximum engine performance***

Those are identical claims made for Castrol Edge. Could this be identical oil in a different label? Legally I didn't think they could do that. Or it might not be legal but more of an ethical industry issue.

So they are saying Mobil1 silver bottle shears excessively?

Originally Posted by paoester
Proof of Performance:

Those are identical claims made for Castrol Edge. Could this be identical oil in a different label? Legally I didn't think they could do that. Or it might not be legal but more of an ethical industry issue.

They don't mention Mobil 1 specifically so no.

Originally Posted by paoester
Proof of Performance:

There are likely just very "minimal" changes to these products as it's mostly marketing. Shell claims the formulation is "quite different" than the rest of the PP/PUP line, but the others I'm not so sure. Mobil claims 10% more additive (what I don't know).

The proof of performance claims though do suggest to me that these oils are of very high quality. Those engine Sequence tests are a good indication. However, the other full synthetics like M1/PUP/PP etc. likely perform just as well.

Originally Posted by PimTac
Now if they could spend some money on their website. They recently changed it up some but it still takes countless steps to get to what you were looking for.

+1 on that. I dread visiting their site....

Originally Posted by demarpaint
It looks like they're all piling on the PU and SUV oil market. Makes sense considering how popular pickups and SUVs are.

Yeppers.. fastest growing segments i believe.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter
Originally Posted by PimTac

+1 on that. I dread visiting their site....

It's awful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back