Pyb vs qsad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was looking on pqia and comparing the latest samples of these two oils. They look practically identical on paper. Are they perhaps now twins? Even the tbn is almost the exact same.

Well, they are both from the same parent company SOPUS (Shell Oil Products US) so...there's that...
coffee2.gif

I don't see the same weights vs. the same years. Always knew they were similar (i.e. healthy amounts of moly) but that they were developed separately. I can't see much on the PQIA site posted in the last few years for either of them.

I clicked on the title thinking I was going to see a cage match video with PYB in one corner and QSAD in the other...but no such luck....«

Originally Posted by Kira
Swap the "vs" for an "=" in the title.

Haha right on!

Hi there!

The Pennzoil motor oil (PYB) and Quaker State Advanced Durability are our conventional motor oils in each line up. For similarities, they both are conventional base oils and they meet the same OEM specifications. No other leading conventional oil provides better wear protection than Pennzoil conventional motor oil in addition to helping prevent sludge deposits, controlling high temperature oxidation and deposits, improving fuel economy and has LSPI protection for today's turbocharged engines. Quaker State Advanced Durability gives you twice the wear protection set by OEMs, maintains required viscosity from start to finish providing optimal protection, offers corrosion protection and LSPI protection for turbocharged engines.

Thanks,
Gena

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm

Haha right on!

Look, your hot friend replied already :^)

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Haha right on!

Mmmm yes indeed!
wink.gif

Originally Posted by 53' Stude

Haha right on!

Ok so this is pretty stalky, but you're not kidding!

lol

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Luv when Gena checks in. SOPUS products "rule!!!"

Have you met Gena in person? Has anyone?

Originally Posted by PimTac
Originally Posted by BAJA_05
Luv when Gena checks in. SOPUS products "rule!!!"

Have you met Gena in person? Has anyone?

There is no Gena, there's only the Matrix... she's just a fig newton of our imagination....‚

Hey..did anyone else see that black cat just walk passed?🤔

Last edited:
Originally Posted by ka9mnx
Shows how low the OEM's have set their wear protection requirements...

Many "conventional" oils are secretly blends to meet these specs and sold as conventional. Some don't even hide it anymore (Valvoline daily protection for example). For many years on this forum it's been speculated Pennzoil PYB is a blend even if below the technical percentage of a blend OR not wanting to market it as such to compete with it's own line up.
If it's an issue one can always spend the whopping $2 per 5 gallon jug extra on full synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back