Additive Fallout / Separation Amsoil Gear Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some polar molecules but not the ones in which the molecules would rotate efficiently with microwave energy.

I was thinking of the wife and the kitchen.
smirk2.gif

Let's say it did heat up. With the cap on it might explode and cause a fire.
39.gif

With the cap off it might gurgle or percolate up and over the top and spill. "Honey, what's that smell coming from the microwave?
shocked2.gif
confused2.gif

Solar heating or setting over a hot air register, IMHO, is the better way of warming it up.

I think what you are seeing at the bottom is a very minute amount of potassium borate, sulfur, and some thickener settling out of solution.

Last edited:
You could use a double boiler to try and dissolve the additive fallout. Basically boil some water and pour contents into a mason jar, then place jar in boiling water.

Originally Posted by MolaKule

Solar heating or setting over a hot air register, IMHO, is the better way of warming it up.

I think what you are seeing at the bottom is a very minute amount of potassium borate, sulfur, and some thickener settling out of solution.

If you have sunny days just put the stuff outside and let it sit, occasionally shake the bottle and then let sit in the sun I bet in several days of continuous sunlight most of the drop out will disappear back into the product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back