Status
Not open for further replies.
This came thru my shop this AM.

We used an Evacuator to remove oil.

Enjoy.

plug1.jpg

plug2.jpg

Last edited:
If they're lucky, they'll see the giant puddle of oil under the car some morning before they fire it up. If they have some bad karma stored up, they'll leave a trail of oil on the interstate right before the BOOM.

No leaks.
I took pics and showed the owner.
He said he knew about the plug.
Just hope he got the gap right.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Reddy45
If it's stupid, but it works, is it still stupid?
lol.gif

in short...yes.

i would have been so tempted to pull on whats left of the center electrode....i can just see that falling the rest of the way out, and opening a nice little channel for the oil to drain from.......

I can just imagine the owners previous mid-oil change dialog playing out in his mind 2 ways:

" Ok...oil is all drained out, just need to wipe the opening and put the drain plug back in.....wait a tick, where is the drain plug?!!? "
(looks around for 30 mins)
" @#$%&, cant' find the @#^&@ drain plug !!! "
" Well, I have to get to work, what can I use instead ?!? "
(tries various loose bolts with no success, spots some old broken part at the bottom of the bin)
" I wonder if that old broken spark plug will fit. "
(tries it on by hand and it fits)
" Huh...would ya look at that...but I am worried oil will leak out the broken end...how can I plug that ?! "
(looks around for various candidates....finally spots an old rivet)
" I guess you will have to do "
(jams rivet into the spark plug)
Next OCI rolls around...
" oh yeah, the spark plug, hehe, I'll take it in and maybe score a free drain plug, cuz I am too cheap and stupid to get my own. "

Or

$25...for a drain valve !?! ..... Forget you Fumoto, I'll make my OWN drain valve !

Last edited:
It was stripped I bet. So this threaded in and did not leak once welded. Is he a farmer? Farmers hate to run into town for a part.

One more good hit and he will lose his oil.

Oh well,

Rod

That pan looks like it would take less time to swap than it did to hack that "plug" together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back