New coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've seen more and more Nespresso compatible pods lately but they are for the original Nespresso. Sadly I have the Vertuo machine. I use it for a quick espresso or to make espresso shots to cool off and add to my protein drinks. That gives them a nice kick.

I was grossed out by my Keurig machine, so I bought a one cup machine that takes regular ground coffee.

Not super happy with that but I only drink one cup per day.

I have liked Seattle's Best ground coffee, and Mcdonalds ground coffee.

Need to get a different style machine however.

I would consider a nice French Press pot. They make small ones. The Aeropress is another option.

I have a stainless steel press I bought from Amazon. It makes three good sized cups. I do worry about it though as it came from China and the possibility of lead enters my mind in more ways than one. I'm thinking of getting a glass one.

I also have a thermal travel mug from Zojirushi that keeps the coffee hot for hours. That way the coffee is not sitting in the press pot and getting bitter.

Originally Posted by JustinH
I was grossed out by my Keurig machine, so I bought a one cup machine that takes regular ground coffee.

Not super happy with that but I only drink one cup per day.

I have liked Seattle's Best ground coffee, and Mcdonalds ground coffee.

Need to get a different style machine however.

crackmeup2.gif

Love my keurig machine been on a Peets Cafe Domingo kick lately, need to keep your Keurig maintained, run some white vinegar thru it and change the water daily.
cheers3.gif

Peets Major Dickasons whole bean from Costco is about $15 for 2 lbs.
Costco K Colombian Supremo whole bean =$15/3lbs.
New recently available is Kirkland Organic Whole bean $10/2lbs.
Not a huge fan of Costco but they move tons of coffee and it's always fresh with roast dates on the sack.
My new go to burr grinder is this beast: Giraffe-X Electric Burr Coffee Grinder Mill Grinder Coffee Bean Powder Grinding Machine,8 thickness adjustment (Red) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07L567QYZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_taa_sSBNDb1PKJK34

And for $50, this machine is brewing the best coffee I have ever had : Motif Essential Coffee maker

Life is too short for lousy coffee.

s-l640.jpg

428383345-1173575293.jpg

Last edited:
I just bought a bag of Whole Food's in-house coffee for $8, plus my Prime discount. I'll brew it up this weekend. I'm not expecting too much.

Originally Posted by diyjake
The best coffee i've ever had and the only coffee that I buy anymore is Roastmaster's from Mayorga Organics. Organic Medium Roast, 2lb whole beans from Costco around $11.

https://www.amazon.com/Mayorga-Organics-Organic-Medium-Roastmasters/dp/B07L7Z71MV

Good to hear that you liked that stuff. I tried it and thought it was terrible. Gave to my brother and even he didn't like it. But they routinely stock it. In fact, it was on an end cap in Costco yesterday when I went there so people must like it or it'd be gone by now.

Last edited:
I was at Costco yesterday and they didn't have the Mayorga Organic Roastmaster's so maybe people don't like it. They did have the yellow bag dark roast organic but I did not like that one at all.

Originally Posted by Toros
The best coffee i've ever had and the only coffee that I buy anymore is Roastmaster's from Mayorga Organics. Organic Medium Roast, 2lb whole beans from Costco around $11.

https://www.amazon.com/Mayorga-Organics-Organic-Medium-Roastmasters/dp/B07L7Z71MV

Good to hear that you liked that stuff. I tried it and thought it was terrible. Gave to my brother and even he didn't like it. But they routinely stock it. In fact, it was on an end cap in Costco yesterday when I went there so people must like it or it'd be gone by now.

Curious what didn't you like about it? I was at Costco yesterday and they didn't have the Mayorga Organic Roastmaster's so maybe people don't like it. They did have the yellow bag dark roast organic but I did not like that one at all.

Originally Posted by Toros

Curious what didn't you like about it? I was at Costco yesterday and they didn't have the Mayorga Organic Roastmaster's so maybe people don't like it. They did have the yellow bag dark roast organic but I did not like that one at all.

Just tasted weak and stale even though I grind my beans under a minute before brewing a pot. They had pallets of it at the local Costco yesterday.
Costco has some good coffee choices. Kirkland Colombian Supremo, Peets Major Dickasons, and now this Kirkland Organic and the Starbucks offerings which I don't like either.

Last edited:
I really love the flavor of the roastmaster blend and that fact that it isn't bitter. I can't stand strong / dark / bitter coffee so the roastmaster blend is perfect for me, I didn't notice it being stale

I totally agree with you on the Starbucks part, I can't stand their coffee.

Have you tried the Kirkland Organic one? I looked at it and it said Medium Dark roast.

Last edited:
I really love the flavor of the roastmaster blend and that fact that it isn't bitter. I can't stand strong / dark / bitter coffee so the roastmaster blend is perfect for me, I didn't notice it being stale

I totally agree with you on the Starbucks part, I can't stand their coffee.

Have you tried the Kirkland Organic one? I looked at it and it said Medium Dark roast.

I like the newer Kirkland Organic roast a lot. Bought two more bags yesterday. Great coffee at a great price. I was looking to see who their supplier for that product was but I can't find anything.

I never really liked Folgers but their latest 1850 coffee is pretty good.

I too would like to try Black Rifle coffee.
coffee2.gif

We have Community Coffee in Mississippi. That's my favorite although I'm good with most coffee. Some people in my area act like if it's not Community, their not drinking it.

Originally Posted by MolaKule
I never really liked Folgers but their latest 1850 coffee is pretty good.

I too would like to try Black Rifle coffee.
coffee2.gif

I was taken back with a friend's choice of Maxwell House in a Keurig - it was actually good and not the brown water one expects from one. I've tried all the K-cups, they all are disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back