WalMart - EV Charge Station

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like you can charge-up your EV at WalMart while shopping.

Saw these at a 5 year old WalMart Store in Western New York.

Looked interesting / don't know any facts.

Anybody see (or use) these at WalMart before ?
What did you think ?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I don't see too many electric cars in Buffalo. It seems to be more of a southern thing and west coast.

What road is this on?

Do you see a lot of Teslas?

Originally Posted by JustinH
I don't see too many electric cars in Buffalo. It seems to be more of a southern thing and west coast.

What road is this on?

I see 3 or 4 Teslas per day around here, (60 miles up the Thruway from Buffalo) and the Leafs, Volts, Bolts, the Japanese plug-in hybrids... I'm glad to see these charging stations popping up. We really need those around so that regular folks like me will consider EVs, rather than appealing only to the fringes of the market.

This is one way to boost marketability and popularity for EVs. I suspect that over time, these charging systems will become pay for service. I can't think of what benefit it is for WalMart except that they would have the infrastructure in place for when these cars become more popular, plus it gives some incentive for people to shop at WalMart.

I think Electrify America is partnering with Walmart.
This will help EVs in general.
Remember, a lot of people cannot charge at home: apartment dwellers, etc.

Originally Posted by dadto2
Originally Posted by JustinH

What road is this on?

I see 3 or 4 Teslas per day around here, (60 miles up the Thruway from Buffalo) and the Leafs, Volts, Bolts, the Japanese plug-in hybrids... I'm glad to see these charging stations popping up. We really need those around so that regular folks like me will consider EVs, rather than appealing only to the fringes of the market.

Coworker of mine has a 30 minute each way commute every day. Went from a Leaf to a Tesla. He has me about convinced to get one for myself. If anothet good lease deal camw up on one, i would be very tempted for a commuter.

Im in Syracuse area, north in Oswego county. I see Teslas all the time. Even in Pulaski. Theres a few near Mexico and Hastings.

The benefit for Walmart is they have a 30 min to 1 hour layover, when they will probably go in and shop. Drinks, candy, fresh fruit, new underwear (I have seen Buffalo traffic in the winter)

if you have to keep your car outside, you have instant electric heat or AC If plugged in it does not reduce range. Nice comfy car with no guilty feelings. No need for a ice scraper in most cases.

Rod

back in late may, i got shipped to Mentor, OH(eastern suburb of Cleveland) for a week, to work the grand opening of a new Meijer store(finally entered the cleveland market, opened stores in Mentor, Stow, and, Avon). the new store had a couple charge points (free for now) out in the lot. couple years back, on my way to TX stopped at a newish meijer in Terrehaute, IN. they had a bank of Tesla Superchargers at the edge of the lot...

they're coming to a store near you...probably sooner than you think...

Those chargers look so clean. Though on the other end, less than 20% of the supplied energy is renewable. 63% of all US energy is from fossil fuels. And this doesn't even consider the energy costs to build those car batteries and later to recycle/dispose of them. Wait until drivers have to pay for that juice at market rates....especially if retailers or providers charge peak market rates during the busiest electricity demand times of the day at 8-10 am and then 3-6 pm.

Last edited:
All the Hy-Vee's around here have free Charge Point branded charging stations right in the first 2 spots in the lot. I love having premium parking every time I go, and free "fuel" to boot.

They also have a row of Tesla super chargers, but they're way in the back! Take that Tesla drivers.

With the power shut downs in Ca, how are all those greenies going to fuel their Teslas??? Also I just heard that a replacement battery for a Tesla is $33k. Look for a lot of used Teslas in a few years.

Those "Electrocute America" charge stations are there due to illegal software put in VW diesels. Seriously, its part of the settlement in the U.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back