Classic Glock Torture Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
While there are scores of Glock "torture tests" out there, this is one of the best. It's been out there for years, and really shows how badly these guns can be abused, and still go bang with total reliability. Everything from being buried in most everything imaginable. To being packed in salt. To being dragged behind a car. To being shot with a .22. To finally being tossed out of a flying aircraft. It's got it all.

http://www.survival-spot.com/survival-blog/glock-21-torture-test/

And we worry about what kind of lube we use on them!
lol.gif

Never been a huge fan of shooting glocks for the experience but they just plain work. If there was a gun I had to bet my life on it's a brand I would put faith in.

I have to be frank and honest here. My first cop job at 21 was in MA and we were issued Sig 229's. Phenomenal weapon and just right size and capacity in 40 cal. Move to NY and it G17 territory. I was NOT a fan. Moved forward 19 years later as a NY cop. Full disclosure, like many here I am an armorer for a multitude of weapons platforms (Glock; Sig handgun; H&K handgun & MP; S&W M&P; Colt M16; Rem shotgun) and as much as I love the German guns....If I was told you are going to the sandbox to fight tomorrow I would be taking a Glock 45 full size if my choice. My M16 would be a LMT or Noveske.

Glock's sure aren't pretty but they have proven functional under the worst of times and anyone who can change brakes on a modern car could buy one and rebuild it from scratch with a little direction. Have to give it to Gaston. Great design, horrible upgrades over the years is a personal preference.

Originally Posted by BISCUT
I have to be frank and honest here. My first cop job at 21 was in MA and we were issued Sig 229's. Phenomenal weapon and just right size and capacity in 40 cal. Move to NY and it G17 territory. I was NOT a fan. Moved forward 19 years later as a NY cop. Full disclosure, like many here I am an armorer for a multitude of weapons platforms (Glock; Sig handgun; H&K handgun & MP; S&W M&P; Colt M16; Rem shotgun) and as much as I love the German guns....If I was told you are going to the sandbox to fight tomorrow I would be taking a Glock 45 full size if my choice. My M16 would be a LMT or Noveske.

Glock's sure aren't pretty but they have proven functional under the worst of times and anyone who can change brakes on a modern car could buy one and rebuild it from scratch with a little direction. Have to give it to Gaston. Great design, horrible upgrades over the years is a personal preference.

I've had similar experiences, original department had S&W, changed to Glock, learned to appreciate quality and reliability.

A relative spent a lot of his military career in a unit that's frankly so secretive that I don't know its real name, one of those situations where Google doesn't help. He and his buddies all choose to carry Glock off duty. That says a lot to me as I believe they get more range time and training in a year than I've had in my lifetime. They've certainly seen more action than I ever care to. If Glock is the go-to brand for professionals like that, then it's my choice as well.

As a traditional pistol guy, (blued steel and Walnut), it took me many years to come around to Glock. But once I did there was no turning back. I now own a total of 7 of them. They are my first choice for carry, and any type of self defense application. I like to refer to them as the AK-47 of handguns. Ugly, but utterly reliable in most any condition or situation imaginable.

Can't beat them for several reasons - reliability as well as capacity for their size, parts availability and interchangeability, etc.

I have carried them professionally for 20 years and continue to do so. Their reputation for reliability is a bit exaggerated, (especially later generations) but I still consider them among the most if not the most reliable option available. IMO the most bullet proof Glocks are Gen 3s for whatever reason. Your experience may differ.

Glock has taken a pounding from competitors in some other areas the last decade, like ergonomics, but they remain an excellent choice.

I am about to convert to a G19 Gen 5 for duty, from a current G22 Gen 4, and am looking forward to the smaller size.

My new in the box 26 needed a new recoil spring after 200 rounds and my 42 started stove piping again after 50 rounds and a new recoil spring. I think Glocks are no better than any other semi. And I am a Glock person.

Gen 4 at work, Gen 3 at home. My opinion is that I don't need all the 'extra' stuff the newer generations have. My G22 is going on (holy crap I'm old) 20 years old and it shoots just as good as the day I bought it. Granted, since I live not far from Smyrna I will occasionally drive over there and let them do a check up on them, not because they're broken, but because its free and you get all new parts, usually including magazines.

I tend to shoot my gen 2, and leave the gen 4s at home. Not really sure why like it more, but just do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back