Havoline boxed oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been doing some thinking about this oil and just realized this since my truck only hold 4-1/2 qts with filter i would have 1.5 qts left over after every change.
I can get a full oil change after three oil changes just from the left overs this would be cost savings to me since what i usually buy is out of stock. I would like to know how good the regular dino is compared to the synthetic though.

I would go for the HM since that is what they usually have couldn't hurt either since the factory engine has 240,000 on it.

How long are your typical drain intervals?

I just changed out Kendall syn blend and replaced it with Havoline 5/30 HiMi SB. I've used this lube before up to 5k miles (I never go beyond 5k) without issues. I like it's stout AW pkg.ðŸ‘.. and the added seal conditioners help keep my 164k mile engine leak free....

Last edited:
Yeah the Havoline oil is a very good oil jake... It has 170 ppm of molybdenum and 110 ppm of boron, a TBN of 8+, and the high mileage oil has a HTHS of 3.4... Rather stout.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

I just changed out Kendall syn blend and replaced it with Havoline 5/30 HiMi SB. I've used this lube before up to 5k miles (I never go beyond 5k) without issues. I like it's stout AW pkg.ðŸ‘.. and the added seal conditioners help keep my 164k mile engine leak free....

Well I'm using the Havoline Pro DS right now in 10w-30 I'm currently at about 6300 miles with a couple weeks to go before I change it out and do a UOA.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

Well I'm using the Havoline Pro DS right now in 10w-30 I'm currently at about 6300 miles with a couple weeks to go before I change it out and do a UOA.

I'll be keeping an eye out for that UOA.👠Starting this spring I'm gonna start running 10/30 in the spring and summer months and the 6qt box is perfect. I got the 5/30 HiMi on rebate this summer and it ended up being like $9 for the 5qt jug. Hard to beat that...

Originally Posted by jakewells
5,000 miles is what i usually go for 50/50 mix city highway mine doesn't leak or burn any oil

Then I would say try it out..at 5k miles that Havoline won't disappoint....

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson

I'll be keeping an eye out for that UOA.👠Starting this spring I'm gonna start running 10/30 in the spring and summer months and the 6qt box is perfect. I got the 5/30 HiMi on rebate this summer and it ended up being like $9 for the 5qt jug. Hard to beat that...

I'm going to PUP 0w-20 HM this next change. Got it on sale at WM for $14 and change. Then shock of the year I scored (1 out of 3 times) and got the SOCUS rebate. So my oil change this fall will run me around $6.85 to include the filter. The Corolla has never used this oil weight before so we'll see how oil consumption runs with this light stuff the Toyota has just over 136,000 miles on it now. It will be closer to 137,000 by the end of October.

My ford 4.6 2v takes 6 quarts, so I swapped to the high mileage synblend box last oil change. It's a fantastic value and the engine hasn't fallen apart yet. I guess it will work.
smile.gif

I ran Havoline ProDs in my Caravan for 6 months and 2800 miles so I can say my opinion is that it is a cheap oil that meets specs not a great oil. My fuel mileage has been down and a whine in motor at 1500 rpms. I changed oil to Valvoline Daily Protection and noise is almost gone. I will see about fuel mileage over next 6 months before I make a judgement. Didn't lose any oil between changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back