Looking for new TV with PIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for a new TV (50"+) with (picture in picture) PIP so I can watch the football game on one screen and Netflix on another screen and allows you to switch between the two at the press of the remote button. Any recommendation if such a TV still exist?

Since those are different sources.. doubt it exists.. unless its a feature on the $$$$ fancy ones.

Just doing a very quick Google search, it looks like Samsung, Sony, and LG still include a PIP mode on at least some of their newer sets. I couldn't find specifics, but it looks like any Sony TV running their version of Android (all current models), the LG OLED sets, and the higher end Samsung models have the function you're looking for.

Best bet would be to go to the store and try it out for yourself.

It would be easier to use two separate sources and switch between HDMI ports with your remote.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Or even better, stick TWO 50" TVs on the wall side-by-side and wire them up with separate feeds so you can watch full-screen!

Better have a man cave for that......that dog want hunt at my house if I did that. My interior designer wife would go squirrel nuts with that look!!...³...³ðŸ¤¨ðŸ¤¨ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£ðŸ¤£

I just bought a new house with an attached 1.5 car garage for the interior decorator, a 24x30 workshop, and a 20x30 barn that can double as my garage. I fully intend to hang a 75" on the wall of my workshop, right above my bourbon bar and kegerator. I guess it could be considered a man cave LOL!

I'd
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
I just bought a new house with an attached 1.5 car garage for the interior decorator, a 24x30 workshop, and a 20x30 barn that can double as my garage. I fully intend to hang a 75" on the wall of my workshop, right above my bourbon bar and kegerator. I guess it could be considered a man cave LOL!

I'd say your set my friend!!!!
Sounds like you've got a plan

todays TV watching along with other sedentary bad habits contributes to todays obesity, of course the high intake of carbs contributes as well + its WAY overpriced IMO!!

Watch Netflix and the Game on two phones while you go like a maniac on the rower/elliptical/lateral/treadmill/bike . If you binge watch or go for the entire game you'll have lost half a pound (or more) of fat. And at the end you won't care who won.

Originally Posted by benjy
todays TV watching along with other sedentary bad habits contributes to todays obesity, of course the high intake of carbs contributes as well + its WAY overpriced IMO!!

Originally Posted by benjy

I don't think OP is to concerned about bad habits and obesity.
The man just wants to watch two things at the same time on his modern high tech tv
He'll worry about joining Jenny Craig some other day 🤣

Originally Posted by MrOctober44
I had RCA 32 in I994 PiP it work off VCR ,

Yeah I haven't seen a TV with PIP since the last Zenith I owned.

Yeah I had a Mitsubishi DLP projection TV back in say 2007, you could split the screen but like dishdude says, unfortunately PIP doesn't seem to be popular anymore, even though you can get a DVR that can record 4+ shows at once.
confused2.gif

My Samsung does pip but only on tuner and HDMI
You watch a movie on main screen and game on little picture. I bought 4k LG and pip is not there so I have Samsung next to it so I can technally watch 3 programs at once if wife takes a nap. I had Nascar on one screen, football on pip and football on 4k. When wife is up movie on 4k and sports on Samsung. Both are 50" tvs

Last edited:
Originally Posted by camryrolla
Looking for a new TV (50"+) with (picture in picture) PIP so I can watch the football game on one screen and Netflix on another screen and allows you to switch between the two at the press of the remote button. Any recommendation if such a TV still exist?

Consumer Reports just reviewed TVs in the last issue (or so). I would look there.

TVs that had PIP back in the day (when it was common) had two antenna/cable inputs and the TV had 2 separate tuners inside. That allowed you to tune into 2 different channels at the same time. Nowadays, unless you're using an OTA antenna and want PIP on two different OTA stations, you'd be looking for something a little different. If you have cable or satellite, you almost definitely have a cable box or satellite receiver hooked up to the TV. (I'm not aware of any cable company that doesn't require boxes). The PIP function would really have to come from the box, not the TV. The box does all the work tuning into the stations. It then sends out "dumb" video and audio signals that the TV receives and plays back. It's like playing a DVD or Blu-Ray: the Blu-Ray player does all the work reading the disc; the TV just plays whatever the Blu-Ray player tells it to. Same thing with a cable/satellite box. You'd have to see if your cable/satellite provider offers PIP.

Now, as for having PIP via two different HDMI inputs, or PIP on one input and an app, that may or may not be available on some TVs; I haven't seen or heard of it before though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back