What is most popular oil brand in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Cheburashka
Is the Castrol most common oil in Europe?
Does it means it made different? Better?

They do have different standards so they will be different, Mobil 1 could not be classified as a full synthetic oil, but only as a synthetic technology oil.

Do you remember the lawsuit Castrol-Mobil?

I'm sure they sell a lot of Liquimoly over there.

Originally Posted by Pelican
Originally Posted by Cheburashka
Is the Castrol most common oil in Europe?
Does it means it made different? Better?

They do have different standards so they will be different, Mobil 1 could not be classified as a full synthetic oil, but only as a synthetic technology oil.

Do you remember the lawsuit Castrol-Mobil?

That law is German law, hence only applies in Germany.

"Popular" is not a practical term
56.gif

In the age of A3/B4 I think that was M1 ESP 5W-30. For finale users. Was, because his availability ends.
Mobil1 is generally "strong" brand in the EU (good old time), but there are BIG problems with falsifications...

In bikes Motul are still unassailable.

Popular in (car)companys and industry (as, sold amount / year), I mean thats Fuchs and Total/Elf. Followed by Castrol and Aral (Aral, Castrol = BP) and Shell.

Castrols esteem in engine oils are in recent years... a bit... given way (after short Edge Titanium hype). But Castrols gear oils brands Syntrans and Syntrax (for first Syntrax) are furthemore very very strong.
In the EU you think about diif oil choice something like: "Ok what I can maybe take, if I not choose Syntrax?" Mostly a one chose Syntrax
56.gif
Its like Motul and bikes.

Top-end are few products from Rowe and a couple from Ravenol. In gear and in engine oils. Only technically, for example, Ravenols GL-4+ (GL-4/GL-5) oils are near without competition. Worldwide. But the penetration this brands are not so big (outside EU) like anothers.

Last edited:
even oils made in germany for export do not have to be real synthetic i believe. thanks to castrol for that mess allowing oils sold as synthetic but being group that clouds consumers from knowing what an oil is FOREVER$$$$

... and despite the hand wringing that continues here today - how many that complain pony up the cash for the REAL stuff ?

I DO.....for my 2-stroke mix....100% Ester Motul 2T. I don't care as much about my other engines, and cant afford to feed them the same
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back