The joys of air filters and the desert.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Malo83
Get an STP filter they are 90% efficient
lol.gif

But then comes the rub 90% efficient at what level of measurement? You see lets use the Purolator Bass as an example here even though its an oil filter 99 + percent efficient at 40 Microns which means its a dog and catches rocks.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
lol.gif

But then comes the rub 90% efficient at what level of measurement? You see lets use the Purolator Bass as an example here even though its an oil filter 99 + percent efficient at 40 Microns which means its a dog and catches rocks.

If it's not the air filter ISO 5011 efficiency spec, then it's even more nebulous of an efficiency statement and could even be worse than thought.

Has anyone contacted STP to get details on their 90% efficiency claim?

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
lol.gif

If it's not the air filter ISO 5011 efficiency spec, then it's even more nebulous of an efficiency statement and could even be worse than thought.

Has anyone contacted STP to get details on their 90% efficiency claim?

thumbsup2.gif

If it was me, I'd get some kind of prefilter in that airbox. The OEM Toyota filters are pretty good - dual density/dual layer media while most aftermarket ones are single layer. Frams seem to be the better aftermarket pick.

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Chris142
Originally Posted by slacktide_bitog
Fram makes an Ultra for this application
smile.gif

That's what I put in it. I'm sure it too will be plugged in 8 or so months.

I also picked up the Fram Ultra air filter (XGA9683) for my Toyota 4.0L V6. How was the fit on yours? I haven't put mine in yet.

Fit fine.

lol.gif

I was thinking the same thing
lol.gif

I agree with the rockauto/amazon/ebay suggestion.

Just keep throwing cheap filters at it. I am up to twice a year on cabin filters and once a year on engine filters in San Antonio, we have no where near the amount of dust you do.

Cabin filters and engine filters are under ten dollars for each of my cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back