Valvoline conventional

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought Valvoline Daily Protection 5w20 at Walmart in 5 qt
container and one in the qt size. I know both says Daily Protection but the qt is only sn and other is sn+ with only 5 qt is Synthetic Blend. I have 0w20 Advance qt so would you use conventional qt or 0w20 qt? I don't think it will make a difference

Last edited:
Originally Posted by tiger862
container and one in the qt size. I know both says Daily Protection but the qt is only sn and other is sn+ with only 5 qt is Synthetic Blend. I have 0w20 Advance qt so would you use conventional qt or 0w20 qt? I don't think it will make a difference

Use the Valvoline 5W-20 in the 5 qt & 1 qt containers. It doesn't matter mixing some SN with SN+, especially from the same brand and type/grade. Save the 0W-20 if you need top off oil later.

Whimsey

Originally Posted by Whimsey
Originally Posted by tiger862

Use the Valvoline 5W-20 in the 5 qt & 1 qt containers. It doesn't matter mixing some SN with SN+, especially from the same brand and type/grade. Save the 0W-20 if you need top off oil later.

Whimsey

+1... you're fine mixing the synthetic with convention or just do as Whimsey stated. The only difference between the two (SN v. SN+) is the SN+ addresses LSPI.. but you're Caravan is NA, right? So it's a moot point.

[censored]... Just this current run in my lady's 98 Camry I purposely mixed 2 qts of - Valvoline white bottle, a qt of Valvoline Maxlife red bottle, and a qt of Valvoline Advanced full synthetic
lol.gif

Thanks everyone I wasn't sure the SN conventional was synthetic blend as it wasn't SN+
I know the + is for LSPI and that doesn't apply to my Caravan but I wanted a blend. I can't see synthetic for 6 month oil changes

Originally Posted by bbhero
[censored]... Just this current run in my lady's 98 Camry I purposely mixed 2 qts of - Valvoline white bottle, a qt of Valvoline Maxlife red bottle, and a qt of Valvoline Advanced full synthetic
lol.gif

Now you have your blend
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back