Do you have tpms on your winter wheels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No on both vehicles with TPMS, which happen to be both vehicles with winter tires, the Corolla and Camry. I might do it at some point, but hard to justify the cost for 3-4 months use.

Yes I do, with 4 vehicles in the family to keep track of, I need all the help I can get. Plus if you get a tire that has a possible tire leak, it is super easy to keep track of it by just talking to the driver of the car and I don't need to check anything. 2 of my vehicles are older and don't keep track of tire pressure. I have extra rims for all 4 vehicles as I keep them for a very long time and it makes life much easier over the years.

I have two other sets of wheels for this car (winter/rally working, and pure summer/MAX performance aftermarket) besides the Michelin AS/3 equipped factory ones, and neither have TPMS in them.

I still want to get Forscan for this car so that I can totally disable that system, and NEVER have to see the blinking dash light, or hear the annoying tone EVER again!!

(I check the pressures twice a week as a matter of course, and the Ford system, unlike the much better GM system, does NOT tell you either which tire is down on pressure, nor give actual PSI readings, so it is useless anyway to me.
wink.gif
)

Yes, just installed Autel MX TPMS Sensors on a set of two year old winter wheels. Purchased an Autel TPMS TS508, cloned the ids from the ECU and swapped in sensors.

My winter tires have the sensors in them.
I also have the Autel TPMS unit.
My car has a display where I can read the pressure in each tire, so it can be useful.
If I wonder about a tire, I can just use my thumb on the steering wheel control to switch to that screen and see all the tire pressures.
Some $$ up front to add the 4 sensors and get the tool.

Yes, mostly to avoid the light being on all winter. But it is also solid peace of mind. And I don't feel real motivated to go check tire pressures when the temperatures drop to 20 below.

I always check manually pressure, but reason I do have TPMS is sudden loss of pressure.
Case in point:
In 2017 I install four brand new Michelin X-Ice on BMW X5. Literally 30mls later, I somehow pick up 10mm wrench on the road that probably fell off some contruction pick-up. It did not shred tire, but loss of pressure was a dramatic one. Light came on immediately. For that reason, I always get TPMS on second wheel set.
Other than that, mostly to avoid looking at that light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back