Goodyear Endurance Trailer Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
Anybody have experience with the Goodyear Endurance trailer tires? My brother has a car-hauler trailer with 205/75-15 tires on it. 4/2017 we put 4 new Carlisle Radial Trail HD Load Range D tires on it. Now, 2 are experiencing what I believe is a belt breaking/tread separation. I'll post pics below, in the pics that isn't dry rot, it's the tire separating in that section.

He went to Discount Tire to get some $50 Taskmaster tires for it. But they didn't have them in stock, so they told him they'd give him Hartland ST Radial's for the same price (usually $85). When he got home we went to put them on and I noticed they were Goodyear Endurance trailer tires! Made in USA. Looked online and they're $112 each. Still was only charged $50 a tire.

Anyone know if they're any good?

963E7CCD-D9AA-4741-8460-C9B5CB303DB0.jpeg

E862A9D7-FF33-4B0C-9FA8-0AF6A80A1F6E.jpeg

22382117-BAD7-492E-B9AA-199E2B43E2C8.jpeg

Guy at work (and his brothers) mess with land, cattle, and hay … he started converting his 2 axle and 3 axles trailers to these a couple years ago …
he's a big fan and hauls pretty close to the limit

They're supposed to be great. 87mph speed rating, at least the ones on my trailer. I just put them on, so I can't comment other than saying that they feel high quality and seem to have balanced well. Seems like you got a great deal.

I don't know anyone who has them on their trailer BUT I can attest that the Maxxis trailer tires in a 15 inch wheel are great tires for a decent price, they are what everyone I know has on their trailers.

I have been tracking the Goodyear Endurance trailer tires since they were first available in the fall of 2016. My experience working at a major tire manufacturer doing statistical analysis says that summers are where all non-road hazard tire failures occur and the rate peaks in the 3rd summer, but you get a good indication after the 2nd summer.

That means the first production of the Goodyear Endurance trailer tires have completed their 3rd summer and the 2nd year of production has seen its 2nd summer. There are no reported tire failures in any of the travel trailers and RV websites I visit.

I have concluded that Goodyear has fixed whatever problem they may have had with the previous trailer tire - the Marathon.

For reference, these same websites have reported tire failures by the 3rd summer in every other make and model of trailer tire.

I replace my trailer tires every three years. I have run ST trailer tires usually made in China or Thailand and have had zero issues. I have pulled from Utah to the East coast on these tires.

I have had them on my trailer for 2 years and about 4500 miles. So far they seem to be perfectly fine. I did up size from where I was before so they are not completely maxed out.

I hope my Carslile tires dont seperate like that. Two years ago I put them on my tandem axle boat trailer and just recently on the utility trailer.

Originally Posted by 1978elcamino
I hope my Carslile tires dont seperate like that. Two years ago I put them on my tandem axle boat trailer and just recently on the utility trailer.

There have not been wide spread reports of Carlisie HD-ST tires failing. Don't know if that's your application or not.

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
How old were those tires and what kind of PSI have you been running in them?

2-1/2 years, we fill them up to 65 psi and when he gets around to topping them off they're probably at the lowest 57 or so.

Everything I have read about these tires is positive. That's saying a lot considering the reputation the previous trailer tires GoodYear was selling.
On my trailers that use ST tires I would only use Maxxis or GoodYear at this point. Perhaps Taskmaster or Kenda if the others were not available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back