10w30 in summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kubota allows 10w30 year round regardless of temps. Will it hold up to the heat? Mobil delvac extreme

It is not an approved viscosity in my Kubota or I would be all over it.Dealer said it would void my warranty.

Worried the thinner oil would not give the best protection .Really not very educated about the subject which is why I am here.

I like 10w30's for their low volatility and lack of VII's (less deposits). Like my truck, they are going extinct.

Originally Posted by Rglossip

It is not an approved viscosity in my Kubota or I would be all over it. Dealer said it would void my warranty.

So what are the APPROVED viscosity's, besides 10w30 ?

Sounds like that is your only choice.
If you are learning, why don't you read.
With a lot of knowledge in this forum and others, the information is readily available.

15w40 and 30w above 15 degrees. 10w30 covers the full temp spectrum according to Kubota . I was curious what bitom guys think about the subject.

That's why I am here!

You sometimes need a thick skin to be here.

Kubota allows 10w30 year round regardless of temps. Will it hold up to the heat? Mobil delvac extreme

Definitely.

Originally Posted by buster
I like 10w30's for their low volatility and lack of VII's (less deposits). Like my truck, they are going extinct.

I'm with you..sorta like me...going extinct...

Kubota says you can - and it probably will, except after it shears in hard use to 10W-20....then in the heat under max load - I don't know. How quickly that will happen in your use? Maybe not before you change it, but I do know that the approved 15W-40 will resist shearing down for longer.

If you use it in winter, then 10W30. If you only use it in warm weather (at least 32F & above), then 15W40 or straight 30. In my experience 5W40 (esp. T6) seems to shear faster than any of the others mentioned, that's likely why Kubota won't recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back