49er Brown game at Levis Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope all you wrenches are enjoying the game.
Beautiful evening...
I was there 2 weeks ago, in a luxury box; a gift from my next door neighbor.

No busted knuckles tonight!

I enjoyed watching Baker mayfield get his butt kicked again. I don't think there is a bigger clown in football...a guy that has won nothing and acts like he is Rocky Balboa. He wouldn't shake the 49ers hands in pregame, really fired them up.

I kind of root for Garoppolo, I live in New England and I've seen him in many Patriot training camp practices over the years...wish we had never traded him.

I'm in agreement with the comments concerning Baker Mayfield. Same as Odell. Neither have won anything yet. NFL demands you prove yourself.

OP: I was born in NE and spent the first 25 years of my life there. As my buddy from NH above stated; I also root for Jimmy G. Could never blame him for leaving as he's too talented to sit behind Tommy terrific for years. I'm headed to New Orleans in December with my 3 kids to see Saint's v 49er's. I saw the game last night and noticed what looked like a lot of empty seats. Is the fan base not longer as solid as it was back in the day? Kinda struck me as odd. 49er's Fans were always solid growing up.

Originally Posted by Railrust
I enjoyed watching Baker mayfield get his butt kicked again.

I watched last night's game even though I wasn't for either team. But I did enjoy the part where Bosa, an Ohio state alumni, got payback from theatrics that Mayfield did two years ago when he planted the Oklahoma flag on the 50 yard line of Ohio State.
When Mayfield was asked about it after the last night's game, he just mumbled: "Good for him. Good play." It was more just just one good play. For Bosa, it was a fantastic GAME.

Originally Posted by BISCUT

OP: I'm headed to New Orleans in December with my 3 kids to see Saint's v 49er's. I saw the game last night and noticed what looked like a lot of empty seats. Is the fan base not longer as solid as it was back in the day? Kinda struck me as odd. 49er's Fans were always solid growing up.

I think people left early, due to the blowout.
Levis Stadium is in the middle of a Silicon Valley tech center (Santa Clara); there is also Great America Theme Park pretty much next door.
Getting in or out is a royal pain. After the Pittsburgh game, it took well over an hour to get out of the stadium area.
I worked right around the corner for 17 years.

Interestingly, it is considered one of the loudest stadiums in the league.
Contrast this to the Candlestick crowd. I had season tickets from 1983 to the late 80's.
We were called the "wine and cheese crowd". Much louder now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

OP: I'm headed to New Orleans in December with my 3 kids to see Saint's v 49er's. I saw the game last night and noticed what looked like a lot of empty seats. Is the fan base not longer as solid as it was back in the day? Kinda struck me as odd. 49er's Fans were always solid growing up.

I think people left early, due to the blowout.
Levis Stadium is in the middle of a Silicon Valley tech center (Santa Clara); there is also Great America Theme Park pretty much next door.
Getting in or out is a royal pain. After the Pittsburgh game, it took well over an hour to get out of the stadium area.
I worked right around the corner for 17 years.

Interestingly, it is considered one of the loudest stadiums in the league.
Contrast this to the Candlestick crowd. I had season tickets from 1983 to the late 80's.
We were called the "wine and cheese crowd". Much louder now.

Traffic: try NE on a Sunday night or Monday night game. If you can get outa there in 2 hours you did great!

I might have drafted Mayfield first over Darnold if I was a NFL GM with the first pick. Still not sure about either (and I am a bigtime Jets fan), time will tell.

But Mayfield has looked classically bad for the most part this year. And that is with a super talented receiver in Beckham Jr, plus a bunch of other quality players. Darnold is still a no-show who will have a very difficult time this week with that swiss cheese offense line that the Jets have fielded so far. The Jets defensive line isn't much better even with that vert high first round DT they picked, so far he ain't done much. Gase is sill a big question mark.

And the 49ers are looking pretty good. Especially on defense.
Color me surprised...

You guys drafted well on D. Its paying off.

JeffKeryk said:
You guys drafted well on D. Its paying off.

This kid, Ahkello Witherspoon, coner, was playing very well.
He got hurt late in the Pittsburgh game.

Now Kyle Juszczyk, the stud blocking back, is out for 5 to 6 weeks with a knee injury.
He makes the offense pop. This one will hurt.

Just goes to show: Browns are still the Browns.

They were non existent in Monday nights game. They should be embarassed

And the 49ers are looking pretty good. Especially on defense.
Color me surprised...

I don't follow the 49ers much, but I was impressed with their game against the Browns. The 49ers have a lot of super quick and fast players on both sides of the ball. That goes a looong way in today's NFL. I predict they will be a force to reckon with this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back