Why Honda CR-V Won 2015 Motortrend SUV of the Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those have absolutely horrible fuel efficiency in very cold weather (ie: -25C) heading into the wind on the highway. Like 12L/100km-ish. And they're not that well insulated unfortunately.

Originally Posted by markjverner
Originally Posted by 02SE
Ok....but why tell us about a 5 model year old vehicle? How does the 2020 model do?

No special reason. I just happen to love the model. The 2020 model has a better engine and active safety features. Here is the review: https://www.edmunds.com/honda/cr-v/2020/

I don't feel like the engine is any better. Worse, actually. Get a 2020 with a 2015 engine, and it would be a better car, my .02

Originally Posted by pitzel
Those have absolutely horrible fuel efficiency in very cold weather (ie: -25C) heading into the wind on the highway. Like 12L/100km-ish. And they're not that well insulated unfortunately.

Mine in the sig never gets close to the rated MPG.

We like ours too; in fact, I would consider '16 - '17 Accords as my next vehicle, the same engine and the same transmission; and yes we get mpgs as advertised, 26 - 33mpg

Originally Posted by pitzel

Are there vehicles that "excel" at this? [For those of us south of the border types who don't do metric, -25C is -13F and 12L/100km is 20mpg.]

Another driveby fruiting
39.gif

Motor Trend did an cover article comparison between an uncommonly loaded $150,000 Porsche 911 and a pretty basic $70,000 Corvette a few years ago that completely turned me off to anything they have to say. The conclusion of the "comparison" was extremely biased and it had an obvious agenda behind it, the 911 edged the Vette in every category rating EXCEPT value because the specific 911 tested was twice the price of the specific Corvette tested. So the 911 goes from pretty easily winning the comparo to losing by 20 or so score points because Motor Trend awarded the Corvette 20 bonus points for "value." Again there was an agenda and an outcome had to be manufactured.

I recently got a 2019 CR-V for my father's home caregiver.
This was a gift for almost 5 years of service for my (not-so-nice) father.
I was pretty much set on a RAV4 hybrid...
I drove the CR-V, mainly because Mani had one before and it was so good to her.
Well, the interior was much more spacious and had those famous Honda ergonomics.
In my opinion, the CR-V won hands down. Saved me a few thousand to boot.
She loves it.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
I recently got a 2019 CR-V for my father's home caregiver.
This was a gift for almost 5 years of service for my (not-so-nice) father.
I was pretty much set on a RAV4 hybrid...
I drove the CR-V, mainly because Mani had one before and it was so good to her.
Well, the interior was much more spacious and had those famous Honda ergonomics.
In my opinion, the CR-V won hands down. Saved me a few thousand to boot.
She loves it.

More importantly...
That was an incredible gesture and I'm sure it was appreciated. Cheers.

Originally Posted by wemay

More importantly...
That was an incredible gesture and I'm sure it was appreciated. Cheers.

I appreciate the kind words.
I was able to have a somewhat normal life and continue working while Mani did the heavy lifting.
I was there for at least an hour every day; Thursdays from noon until about 9:00 PM and all day Sundays.
He got to stay at home with the best of care.
Let's just say she earned it... Ha!
All good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back