Insurance claim frustrations-Looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting frustrated with AAA insurance dragging their feet on a claim, and wanted to see if this was normal.
In early August, someone blew a stop sign at the intersection my shops at, T-Boned a car that smashed into another car, and the original at fault car crashed into one of my vehicles parked in my line, and smashed my sign pole next to the vehicle, enough that it is now bent, lose and will wobble in the wind. We jammed brake pads under one side to keep it secure, but its not great.
Anyway, after 6 weeks of dragging their feet, someone finally looks at my old, 97 A4 thats probably totaled from the $1200 in repairs it now needs. All good, theyll let me know. I ask about the sign, and he says I need to contact the company. I reach out, after 3 days I find out that Im the one who is supposed to be shopping for quotes to have this replaced? I call every sign place in the area, some give me quotes for just the light box and sign face, but no one will touch the concrete footer or pole fabrication. I reached out to the adjuster, and they cannot supply me with any names of people they can recommend. 3 more weeks goes by and I ask her if they heard anything about the car, and they are still waiting on quotes from me to process the claim. I asked what normally happens when we hit a dead end like this, I was under the impression there was an adjuster for property damage as well, like when my home flooded? Just looking to see if this is a typical issue people come across and if there were anyways to light a fire under their behinds. Id normally just have something done and get reimbursed, but we are probably talking about $15k claim.

That sounds normal. They will have preferred body shops since they are an auto insurer, but they probably do not have any vendors for sign repair. You will have to get an estimate from a vendor and send it to AAA.

You would think that they should be able to provide payment for the car first, but I guess they want to close out the property damage portion all at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back