File Explorer Weirdness

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
In Window 7, I've noticed that when using File Explorer to search for files there is a particular Excel file (.xlsx) that will show up in the search results that shows an older date than what the file actually has.

The file in it's native location shows a file modified date/time of 10/4/2019 @ 3:36PM.
When I do a search of my hard drive for all .xlsx files, it shows up in the search results, but has a file modified date/time of 9/30/2019 @ 9:15PM.

The 9/30/2019 @ 9:15PM is also the date/time stamp of the last previous version of this file. So it seems File Explorer is somehow locked onto that date/time stamp when doing a file search in File Explorer.

Any ideas why why File Explorer search won't show the real time/date info?

Originally Posted by spackard
Maybe one is looking at the file modified date/time and the other is trying to look into the contents of the file for modified date/time?
Kind of like this guy sees in .mp4 files: https://joenord.com/explorer-shows-mp4-internal-date

Don't know what's going on. For some reason, the search function shows the same exact file with a different modified date/time stamp. If I click on the file in the search results and hit 'Open File Location' it goes to the file which shows a newer modified date/time stamp. For some reason File Explorer is not picking up on the latest modified date/time stamp, but is instead using the last saved version date/time stamp.

This issue is not occurring on all files, just some Excel files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back