Lion Sport brand -unfamiliar

Status
Not open for further replies.
My colleague's son purchased them for $80 per tire installed. The car is a Nissan Altima. Any comments?

Originally Posted by JohnnyJohnson
Sounds like a lot of money for a tire with a 40,000 mile warranty.

TRack doesn't even distribute them.
My colleague told me that his step-son didn't have the resources to purchase a full set so he bought a set of three and then at a later date the fourth.

His purchase concerns me since the American market for these Chinese tier 3 tires must be significant.

Originally Posted by Audios
Junk, theres a reason why theyre cheap.

Agree!

[Linked Image]

I'm pretty sure those come out of the same factory as Ling Long tires.

Hard pass especially at that price. They usually are like $30-40 tire.

Paid too much for them. I see tire shops sell them in my neck of the woods. I'd consider a 1st/2nd tier Chinese tire(Primewell/Sailun/Milestar) before those.

Originally Posted by skyactiv
It's a tire made by workers that cant afford a car to put them on.

OTOH, it's probably the best paying job available to them, or they wouldn't be doing it...

They will probably be adequate in average driving. Not good, but adequate.

I drove on a set of JOYROAD tires for a summer. They were smooth, had ok dry grip, so-so wet grip, and seemed to wear pretty fast. A dealership had put them on a used car I ended up buying ( NEW TIRES ... whoo hoo ! ). I looked them up, and they were THE CHEAPEST tire available in the size, by a fair amount. Less than $ 50 CDN per tire ...

I swapped them out for some Continentals, which were very smooth, better on dry roads and wayyyy better on wet roads. They were much more expensive though.

But so is crashing your car in a rainstorm ...

The will be fine-despite what others will say.

Some could just come clean and say they wish to avoid Chinese products-to call them "junk"is out right childish.

They seem to be Mastercraft / Kelly prices for HF quality. Not something i would run for fear of it not lasting and being a no name. Only brand i would consider that price point and lower would be Douglas. Those do seem to be a brand from Linglong tire

Last edited:
Originally Posted by KenshinHimura
They seem to be Mastercraft / Kelly prices for HF quality. Not something i would run for fear of it not lasting and being a no name. Only brand i would consider that price point and lower would be Douglas. Those do seem to be a brand from Linglong tire

This brand (Linglong) has accumulated millions of miles in fleet operations. Hopefully-at least far as reliability is concerned-this has transferred to their other lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back