I want one...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen to this 1150hp monster!..if this doesn't get your blood pumping, nothing will.... (ya think they'll take the kids college fund on trade?...‚)

Last edited:
nice
01.gif

Plenty of cars make as much noise doing 250-400 hp. At least the oil change shouldn't cost $21,000.

Last edited:
Sometimes when a vehicle has too much HP the throttle is way too touchy to so small slow maneuvers. A rental I once had was hard to park because with the slightest touch of the gas peddle it wanted to go too fast. And I recall a neighbor who was trying to drive a powerful car in the winter on an ice and snow road and that thing acted like it had two positions on the throttle, Idle and spin the wheels.

Originally Posted by domer10
Originally Posted by Bud
I would be happy with the new GT350.

GT350R

[Linked Image]

Me too....

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Sometimes when a vehicle has too much HP the throttle is way too touchy to so small slow maneuvers. A rental I once had was hard to park because with the slightest touch of the gas peddle it wanted to go too fast. And I recall a neighbor who was trying to drive a powerful car in the winter on an ice and snow road and that thing acted like it had two positions on the throttle, Idle and spin the wheels.

**NOT applicable** to turbo cars.

You don't make wicked crazy torque until everything gets spooled up.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Originally Posted by JimPghPA

**NOT applicable** to turbo cars.

You don't make wicked crazy torque until everything gets spooled up.

Yes you do. You're thinking of the turbos from the 90's and early 2000's. Many modern turbo engines hit peak torque by 2000rpm or sooner.

Of course, if you're talking tuner stuff, then nah, it is very "spool-ish" as you note.

My TDi after being tuned would hit an on/off switch at 1,900 rpm. Made driving in traffic a bit tricky as a result, as it'd bog down, bog, bog... spin the tire as it shot forward. It'd catch me unaware, time to time. Before the tune it just didn't have that snap as it swept past 2k.

My late model Toyota's have wicked throttle tip-in and I find them difficult to drive in snow, the Tundra moreso, but that has deep gearing to confound the matter.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
So, you have a 1/4 mile driveway? Serious car, but unless I was addicted to adrenaline...I'll be okay with something around 400hp.

If I could afford that car, there's a good chance I can afford the track time. And depending on the tuning this beast may or may not even be driveable on the street. Either way it's a handful that's for sure..

Last edited:
It is cool... No doubt.

On the street you are lucky if you can get 600 hp and 500 foot lbs of torque to hook up to the pavement.

Remember boys and girls... Spinning ain't winning
lol.gif

Originally Posted by bbhero
It is cool... No doubt.

On the street you are lucky if you can get 600 hp and 500 foot lbs of torque to hook up to the pavement.

lol.gif

Yeah, seriously do not understand practical application of that vehicle.
Mercedes was going crazy with their AMG's for some time. They were always mediocre on track bcs. of uncontrollable torque, and differentials that needed 45mins to warm up.

It is cool... No doubt.

lol.gif

My z06 hooked up fine. 505/475. The zr1 I drove did, too. 638/???

This was pre-ptm. Throw awd or Ptm in, and go big.

Originally Posted by edyvw
It is cool... No doubt.

lol.gif

Yeah, seriously do not understand practical application of that vehicle.
Mercedes was going crazy with their AMG's for some time. They were always mediocre on track bcs. of uncontrollable torque, and differentials that needed 45mins to warm up.

Amg has even more power, today. They finally figured out suspension.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back