Equinox 1.5T MPG?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had a GMC Terrain AWD with the 1.5L turbo and the computer was showing 26 mpg lifetime (just over 5,000 miles).

Well yeah, that's about right according to the EPA and your combined driving.

My whole point about this subject is that, I think my buddy is FOS because I can't find a single review on the EQ or Terr with said engine & tranny even in 2WD that is getting what he says he's getting. I want to see hard figures/facts.

And the fact that he pi$$3s most of us off.

Well, I have a higher max speed than 43, but if I'm in a series of traffic lights, I'm not going to do a 3/4s throttle acceleration to get to the next red light.

I don't try to draft off the car in front of me on the freeway. That way I'm not deep into the brakes when they slow for an acorn in their lane.

Speedy and smooth. I try to keep as much of the energy I have. Both my brakes and my fuel seem to last longer this way.

I consistently get about 10% better fuel economy than my wife, and go through a lot fewer windshields in my car. (I've had to replace one in my years of driving, due to a part flying off a vehicle, bouncing and getting my windshield.)

oilBabe gets at least one new windshield for every car she's had. We've already replaced on in her 2017 Rav4. We did one in her 2010 Altima and she needed one in the 2003 Camry, but never replaced it.

I guess I'd be more irritated if I took off from the light at warp speed and the guy who was accelerating, but not with gusto arrived at the next light where I was stopped and didn't have to stop. I.E. our actual distance covered per unit time was the same, but I spent time stopped at the light while the "slower" drive didn't even need to slow at the light as he timed his arrival for the green. I'd wonder why I rushed to get to a red light when he calmly drove to a green.

I save my acceleration for the twisties
smile.gif
suggested speeds should be doubled when possible on ramps and curves
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Cujet
Some people go so slow, or rather, drive so carefully, they actually do get better MPG's. They let off the gas 1/4 mile before the stop sign, don't use the AC, accelerate modestly and cruise no faster than 43MPH, which is often the best speed for economy in many modern vehicles.

If his MPG readings are anywhere near accurate, I suspect he is one of those people who knows how to maximize MPG. Often while irritating the others behind.

I highly suspect it's not his super efficient vehicles.

Wife has the same engine and drivetrain in her 2019 GMC Terrain. Hers is 2wd, and it's the SLE which as far as curb weight goes is on the lighter side of weight among trim levels. She gets pretty much spot-on the sticker EPA estimate. 26 around town and she just got home from a road trip 600+ miles each way. 30.2 mpg on the mpg readout. Trip odo's were zero'd out before trip to get a good reading on the over all mileage. She said she drove around 75-80mph on avg and was simply keeping pace with other traffic.

I agree that your friend is likely FOS. 33 might be achievable highway only, on cruise control set at 65, lightly loaded, tires inflated properly, winds calm. No way he's getting that in mixed driving, based on our experience with her 2019 GMC.

Originally Posted by LoneRanger
I agree that your friend is likely FOS. 33 might be achievable highway only, on cruise control set at 65, lightly loaded, tires inflated properly, winds calm. No way he's getting that in mixed driving, based on our experience with her 2019 GMC.

My point exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back