First Car Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was just a fun little show we put on here at our company, but it was fun!

IMG_1781.jpg

0D175B87-369D-44F1-92C5-3E2F85506536.JPG

I wanted to drive one of those things but they are too cute and Im not wild about the exhaust tone.

I like the boxy styling of my YUGO GV ( FIAT 127)

Quite a mix of cars there!
Anything nice from the mid 60s?

like a 409 Impala 4 speed

Those are awesome!

Originally Posted by DriveHard
It was just a fun little show we put on here at our company, but it was fun!

When did Fiat start providing a pair of mechanics gloves with their cars?

Those gloves look to be branded with the OP company name. If a car manufacturer included mechanic gloves with every car purchase that would be a terrible omen.

That aside, tell us about your Abarth mods hmm? Looks like aftermarket inter-cooler piping...what kinds of power increases too...?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Smokescreen
Those gloves look to be branded with the OP company name. If a car manufacturer included mechanic gloves with every car purchase that would be a terrible omen.

That aside, tell us about your Abarth mods hmm? Looks like aftermarket inter-cooler piping...what kinds of power increases too...?

ohh...good point. Apologies OP

Originally Posted by Smokescreen

Yeah, those are company work gloves - they matched, and I thought they added a nice touch. Here is the description of mods I had on my dash.

Engine: 1.4L MultiAir Turbocharged 160 Hp & 170 lb-ft
-throttless engine (MultiAir is a hydraulically-actuated variable valve timing and variable valve lift engine technology enabling "cylinder by cylinder, stroke by stroke" control of intake air directly via a gasoline engine's inlet valves.)

EURO+DRIVE Phase 2 tuning - ~240-250 BHp and ~245-255 lb-ft
-Silverline mandrel bent full system stainless exhaust
-K&N true cold air intake
-SILA Concepts intercooler
-Go Fast Bits Diverter Valve
-SILA Concepts blow off adaptor
-MADNESS Cat-less 3" mandrel bent downpipe

Suspension and Brakes:
-Eibach Pro Kit Sport Springs
-Koni Sport adjustable shocks/struts
-MADNESS 28mm solid rear anti-roll bar
-Brembo slotted rotors front and rear

Transmission:
-Neuspeed Short Shift kit
-MADNESS performance shifter retaining clip
-Abarth Aluminum shift knob
-NEU-F Urethane motor mount inserts

I always disliked when people remove the catalytic converter, most new ones are very gree flow. Import Tuner Magazine tested an Infiniti G37 a fe2 years back, 1 horsepower difference between a cat delete and full catalytic converter. Cool car, I've driven a few and they scoot. Your's must be scary fast.

Originally Posted by 97prizm
I always disliked when people remove the catalytic converter, most new ones are very gree flow. Import Tuner Magazine tested an Infiniti G37 a fe2 years back, 1 horsepower difference between a cat delete and full catalytic converter. Cool car, I've driven a few and they scoot. Your's must be scary fast.

I agree...couple quick thoughts.

-a close coupled cat on a turbo car has a much larger difference than that of a NA car
-underhood temps on this car are STUPID. On a warm summer day you can't even check the oil without heat protection - I wanted to get some heat generation out from under the hood.

I am looking for a suitable high flow CAT to put in the place of the secondary cat on this car. That should give me most of the effectiveness of the stock cat while removing a great heat load out from underhood, and getting some distance from the turbo. That will be my next mod ;-)

Wow how long will the transaxle last? I kill X-XL on low torque NA engines
smile.gif

You get NO emissions sticker up here with no cat.

But seeing all the coal rolling ighly modded diesel s in my town

- nobody cares.

When I was a kid the Registry cops were all over you.

But no registry cops now.

I think.

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Wow how long will the transaxle last? I kill X-XL on low torque NA engines
smile.gif

You get NO emissions sticker up here with no cat.

But seeing all the coal rolling ighly modded diesel s in my town

- nobody cares.

When I was a kid the Registry cops were all over you.

But no registry cops now.

I think.

" I kill X-XL on low torque NA engines :)"

What the heck does that mean???

No emission inspections here in Iowa...I would pass in most places anyways, as all OBD2 codes check out as "pass" when you plug in a monitor ;-)

I do not "roll coal", this is a gas engine.

Police officers are still very vigilante about watching for registration stickers here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back