Verizon flaky

Status
Not open for further replies.
why does Verizon mess up at least 3 times a week? it drops calls, it kicks my friend of when i call her, calls me back after i hang up. of the dozen different ways it could mess up it does at least 3-4 times a week. do i need a land line?

Variables include:
* particular Phone you are using to make cell call
* The reception from your location
* Your friends particular phone and carrier if same person

I've not had any of those issues and I've been with Verizon for more than 15 years. My big issue with them is that their pricing is not competitive, at all. I only stay because my employer requires it. Otherwise, I'd be giving Google Fi a try.

red7404,

I too am with Verizon and experience all of these in my daily commute. In looking at the Verizon coverage maps at .sensorly.com, what I see correlates with what Verizon tech support tells me, that I live and work in known dead zones. Unfortunately, the data for the other carriers is no better.

Verizon tech support may be able to run a diagnostic on your phone, depending on make/model. In my case it found nothing wrong, but it's worth a shot.

Originally Posted by red7404
why does Verizon mess up at least 3 times a week? it drops calls, it kicks my friend of when i call her, calls me back after i hang up. of the dozen different ways it could mess up it does at least 3-4 times a week. do i need a land line?

Verizon is rushing to convert to 5-G and it is screwing up the network. Wife and I are having all kinds of problems. We both have pre-pay phones. Both of our phones died this year and we are unable to replace them as they were 3-G and Verizon has dropped support for 3-G. We had $15/mo. and excellent single, now we have poor single and double the price, $30/mo.

I'm about ready to dump Verizon.

Verizon is consistently the best in my area. Ive had them for 20 years now, and rarely have a dropped call. My only issues are on vacation in Maine. Everyone else has tried Att, sprint etc, and i n our area we would get tons of dropped calls, or please hold while we locate the subscriber.

I moved from Verizon to T=Mobile almost 3 years ago. While initially i did run into more no coverage areas, The coverage has improved immensely and now, based on my travels across the US anyway, is as good or superior to Verizon. I recently uprgraded to a phone that gets T-Mo's newer 600mhz signals and have not had a signal or call issue anywhere since. I do have a device in the truck that runs on Verizon to send location info to a fussy customer...and I see it loose signal still as much as it ever did.

An additional question, what kind of phone do you use. Verizon is dropping the 3G and old school
Originally Posted by Audios
Verizon is consistently the best in my area. Ive had them for 20 years now, and rarely have a dropped call. My only issues are on vacation in Maine. Everyone else has tried Att, sprint etc, and i n our area we would get tons of dropped calls, or please hold while we locate the subscriber.

Verizon is a disaster locally for people who are not on Voice over LTE for phone clls(eg older phones). They plan on dropping coverage for those phones and have a lot of gaps with relation to that service.

I get superior service on Verizon locally though with the Voice over LTE on my iPhone 6s thru current iPhone 11. Never issues. My mother in law stubborn and old uses a flip phone and just gets the "flaky" service you describe. They now only sell flip phones that are LTE compatible and suggest that but instead she likes to get frustrated apparently(daily) and save the $100 or so for a new phone.

HORRIBLE in my area ! Consumer Cellular for me.
cheers3.gif

Originally Posted by Oldmoparguy1

Verizon is rushing to convert to 5-G and it is screwing up the network. Wife and I are having all kinds of problems. We both have pre-pay phones. Both of our phones died this year and we are unable to replace them as they were 3-G and Verizon has dropped support for 3-G. We had $15/mo. and excellent single, now we have poor single and double the price, $30/mo.

I'm about ready to dump Verizon.
That's why I bought my Tracfone iPhone SE, the network was going away for my CDMA/3G Verizon iPhone 4. Nothing wrong with the phone other than designed obsolescence. If it had been a GSM phone I would still be using it.

I know here was a issue with iPhone X I believe and drooped calls, not sure if it was ever rectified or not, that's why I delayed upgrading and just never did for that matter, I just ended up staying with new in box 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back