Editing a post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

Quote:

call geek squad...lol

you will see it right in the the middle of the address in your location bar. just backspace it out and put "editpost" and hit enter.

The "AND HIT ENTER" (after editing the url with the "editpost" text) is the cricial step that no one seemed to have mentioned (until now). It makes a lot of difference!

getdown.gif

NEVER leave out the stupendously obvious.

But I gotta ask - you really didn't know that? I mean how is anything going to change without changing the address?

Quote:

But I gotta ask - you really didn't know that? I mean how is anything going to change without changing the address?

To be honest with you, NO! I was NOT hitting 'return' after editing the URL. It wasn't mentioned, and I wasn't doing it. And I know I'm not the only one making that mistake. I'm blonde, OK? It's a curse.
dunno.gif

Now I know better (and yes, I'm big enough to admit my mistakes...)
laugh.gif

Quote:

Sorry for taking a bad tone. You are way above average in the honesty dept. All is cool.

Anyone else stuck?
smile.gif

I knew no ill will was intended, and none was taken. After all, you are an Amsoil dealer.
bowdown2.gif
throwroses.sml

Quote:

Quote:

To be honest with you, NO! I was NOT hitting 'return' after editing the URL. It wasn't mentioned, and I wasn't doing it. And I know I'm not the only one making that mistake. I'm blonde, OK? It's a curse.
dunno.gif

Now I know better (and yes, I'm big enough to admit my mistakes...)
laugh.gif

Don't feel bad, I was making the same mistake until Pablo cleared it up.

What I was doing was creating a post, then clicking "reply" to my own post, *****editing that post by recreating it since my original post was not reformatted*****, then I changed the URL and hit enter. Of course, nothing happened.

Now I know to change the URL then hit "enter" BEFORE any post editing. Basically, doing this puts me into edit mode, and my post is formatted for me to edit as needed.

Thanks for all the help, everyone.
cheers.gif

EDIT - No, I'm not blonde. I'm just used to all the features of VBulletin and other forum software.

Last edited:
:doh:

Thanks Pablo for being Minister of the Bleeding Obvious...I needed that.

x2

Last edited:
12 years later... this doesn't work anymore. They REPLY function only activates the cursor in the Quick Reply field. Is there another way?

Originally Posted by Spddm0n
12 years later... this doesn't work anymore. They REPLY function only activates the cursor in the Quick Reply field. Is there another way?

Editing works, as long as you do it within the first 30 minutes of posting. After that, "Edit" button disappears.

index.jpeg

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by Spddm0n

Editing works, as long as you do it within the first 30 minutes of posting. After that, "Edit" button disappears.

Ah, gotcha! I must have just missed that time limit. Too bad. I guess I'll have to deal with the miscommunication.
smile.gif
Thanks for the heads up. I just tested that to be the case now.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back