Which one... 2020 ILX vs Si Sedan (both base)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Xeno
Both have 1.5T? Pass.

33.gif

I've yet to see any evidence of widespread failures or major repairs due to fuel dilution in the 1.5T (which only happens in cold conditions). Yet it's like a dog whistle to several BITOGers.

Here's the deal. The ILX still uses the previous gen. Civic platform circa 2011-2012. Honda's Global Compact platform which underpins the new Civic has earned awards and accolades on every platform it's used on for how it drives. I have personal experience with a 2017 Civic and can tell you that if you put the drivetrain from my BMW in that chassis, it might even be better to drive. The other thing about ILX is the touch screen infotainment which already looks dated. Certain functions you cannot adjust without looking down at it which I do not like. If he keeps this car as long as the one he's replacing he might come to regret that.

Civic Si with it's good looks, great chassis, and impressive 1.5T all day long.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Both have 1.5T? Pass.

33.gif

He'd probably be okay with the Si if it had a distributor, manual windows, and rear drums.

1.6L B16A2 four-cylinder engine. Producing 160 hp at 7600rpm and 111 lb-ft of torque at 7000rpm. It's not the 8,000 rpm redline screamer. Either one will be a large step up in power and more importantly torque. I considered the 1.5T until I read about the fuel dilution..the nail was driven in the coffin. I have the same engine in my Si and it is a peppy commuter.

If he gets the ILX he'll have nothing to worry about for longevity and the sleek look will fit his age.

If he gets the 1.5L Si, he should get the extended warranty due to the fuel dilution issues.

The ILX is dated all around. Unless you need to rock the Acura badge to act fake rich, the Si is a far better car for the money.

Originally Posted by MCompact
Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Both have 1.5T? Pass.

33.gif

He'd probably be okay with the Si if it had a distributor, manual windows, and rear drums.

LolNope. The 1.5T is known to be bad. Supposably fixed by Honda's bandaid software patch. Perhaps this what happens when you don't have much experience building turbo engines?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.re...opular_turbo_engine_is_causing_problems/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back