Iceland Gas Station Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took a trip in Iceland and snapped a couple pics of the variety of oils and additives available in the gas stations. Thought ya'll might get a kick. Exchange rate is approx 1 KR = 0.008 USD, so the 11230 KR jug of Mobil 1 ESP is nearly $90 !!!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Side note, the gas stations are fantastic. Hot dogs, ice cream cones, coffee, friendly people...

Yikes!.. suppose I should quit my complaining about Wally's prices!...‚

Thanks for the pics..ðŸ‘

Last edited:
My gas station down the street has Hot dogs, ice cream cones, coffee
and some really scary people behind the counter.

and way overpriced oil
smile.gif

Hope you enjoyed the trip
smile.gif

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
My gas station down the street has Hot dogs, ice cream cones, coffee
and some really scary people behind the counter.

and way overpriced oil
smile.gif

Hope you enjoyed the trip
smile.gif

Same here..2 dog's for a buck dressed anyway you want em... and a large soda tacks on another dollar. Lunch is done..Can't beat thatðŸ‘

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

Same here..2 dog's for a buck dressed anyway you want em... and a large soda tacks on another dollar. Lunch is done..Can't beat thatðŸ‘

Even the locals in ReykjavÃk acknowledge that Iceland has extremely high food prices. Eating out expect to pay about 2X to 3X what you would in the USA. So, the C-stores have the cheap hot dogs that a lot of people buy for lunch. We stayed for 3 days, and ate pastries and even Ramen soup for breakfast, the hot dogs for lunch, and ate out in for dinner. Overall it moderated the food costs by doing this.

I loved Iceland. Can't wait to go back!

Originally Posted by gfh77665

Even the locals in ReykjavÃk acknowledge that Iceland has extremely high food prices. Eating out expect to pay about 2X to 3X what you would in the USA. So, the C-stores have the cheap hot dogs that a lot of people buy for lunch. We stayed for 3 days, and ate pastries and even Ramen soup for breakfast, the hot dogs for lunch, and ate out in for dinner. Overall it moderated the food costs by doing this.

I loved Iceland. Can't wait to go back!

That's a good plan..ðŸ‘..

Never been to Iceland I suppose it would be cool to visit. I have been to other parts of Europe. London and Paris are easily 2 of the most expensive places to eat I've visited in Europe. (HK and Tokyo beat them both as far as cost imo).. Both times I went to Europe I stayed in a rented flat so we cooked a lot. Or, we are/had dinner or lunch out of city like on our trip to Windsor castle.. London's just too ridiculously expensive. We had dinner and lunch a couple times in city just to say we did.

Last edited:
I am guessing that the average vehicle doesn't travel all that many miles in a year and that owners may not change the oil every year because of the low miles even thought bitogers would change it annually no matter the mileage.

Sounds more like a nice dose of clogged arteries and a side helpin' of diabetes.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Fawteen

Sounds more like a nice dose of clogged arteries and a side helpin' of diabetes.

More like "the trots"....
lol.gif

Originally Posted by Fawteen

I drink diet soda but whatever... and you mean to tell me you've never had a hot dog in your life?

Originally Posted by Delta

More like "the trots"....
lol.gif

Don't know about Fulton County PA but we do food inspections out west and the dogs at the station I visit, they use this invention called disposable plastic gloves. You should check them out some time....

Iceland is a clean place with high sanitary standards. I doubt you would get a bug from any food.

Now if you cannot handle hot dogs for lunch to begin with, that has nothing to do with Iceland.

Originally Posted by Y_K
Diet soda is the worst, but I love hot dogs. Once a month...

A diet soda a couple times a week is not in and of itself gonna give anyone diabetes. The studies done on diabetes and diet soda, have people drinking gallons of the crape a day for years/decades. But if you're fat, not exercising and downing 60oz of ANY soda a day... maybe that's not the wisest thing to do for your health long term health.

+1 on the dogs as a lunch treat. I love em dressed up with the ketchup, relish, mustard and some jalapenos on top. The service station I fill up uses the all beef uncured one's and has a full condiments bar to envy!...‚..so 2 for a buck is a steal. (you get that price with a 8gl minimum fill up)

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JZiggy
Took a trip in Iceland and snapped a couple pics of the variety of oils and additives available in the gas stations. Thought ya'll might get a kick. Exchange rate is approx 1 KR = 0.008 USD, so the 11230 KR jug of Mobil 1 ESP is nearly $90 !!!

Side note, the gas stations are fantastic. Hot dogs, ice cream cones, coffee, friendly people...

Actually for a food mart and gas station they have a nice selection of very high quality products especially from Wurth and Liqui Moly.
I'm shocked that for the first time someone on BITOG has caught a real world pic of Shell Spirax S4 G 75w-90 "Getreibeol" for manual synchronized manual transmissions on the shelves of a retail store! Wish you could have picked me up half dozen bottles.

I have to say that shelf full of Euro oil and additives/chemicals beats even the most fancy parts stores here - and it's all good, proven stuff.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
Very cool pics! I've wanted to visit ReykjavÃk myself some day.

+1

Did you run into Bjork?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back