Ariens Zero Turn Zoom 42

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looking for thoughts/feedback on the subject mower (pics below). Owner claims to have owned it from new, and claims to have done service, but no records. Appears to be in very good shape. No hour meter. I have talked him down to $1000 cash. I broke the frame on my current mower last weekend, and have been wanting to upgrade anyways.

What do you guys think? Deal or no deal?

IMG_1766.JPG

IMG_1767.JPG

IMG_1768.JPG

IMG_1769.JPG

IMG_1770.JPG

IMG_1771.JPG

does it mow evenly, or is the deck warped. Check operation of the transaxle drives carefully, at idle is the best as if pump is worn, it will not move right at low speed. Check for slack in blade spindles. And of course look cor cracks in feame around blade deck mounts, and front wheel spindles. It should be OK.

Rod

Its a little less than 1/2 price, no sales tax. The Zoom looks like the low end models and the IKON like the upper end models. No warranty.

I think Ariens is a good brand (have have plain Ariens mower and huge snowblower). But its no Toro.

Looks like a kohler command V-twin and hydrogear unitized drives. Probably ZT2200's ?? Not super robust, but decent. The deck and gauge wheels don't look beat up, which is a good thing. I'm guessing it was a $2K machine new like said above.

Do you know how old it is and how many seasons it's mowed?

Last edited:
UPDATE:

I ended up NOT getting that mower. Both hydro's were leaking, the engine was leaking, there was some franken-wiring run on it, the blades were so worn it looked like it was swinging bar stock, and it had been run the last year with no muffler or even exhaust header...ugh

He said, "make me an offer", and I replied "I don't want to offend you"...

Anyways, I think I found a BRAND NEW Cub Cadet on dealer clearance for $1900, so super excited to see if I can snag a brand new ZT for a steal of a price. I will keep you updated.

It's amazing what you'll see online vs actuality.

I assume you made that $1000 offer over the phone or by email? I wonder what the heck happened to the exhaust system on it! LOL Even some of those can run $200 or more for an OEM exhaust. With all that leakyness and wiring issues, it probably had a lot of hours on it.

In terms of Cub dealer products, you'll find even better deals over the winter, until about March on last model year products.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back