Worst driver I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a senior in high school and we have this one junior who recently began driving and his car still has 30 day tags on it. He's already caused 2 accidents in our parking lot.

Friday he reversed into a car that was driving down the aisle and totally screwed the driver's door. A few days before that he cut my friend off and clipped the bumper on his truck.

A few weeks ago I was backing into my spot, I was halfway backed in and he cut me off and double-parked across my spot and the one next to it.

I think he floors the gas and brake pedal because when he's pulling into a spot because his car jerks around a LOT.

I just wanna know how much he bribed his driving instructor... yikes!

Hopefully these two accidents have been reported to the school and to the police; that's the correct thing to do in this situation. Also, the insurance companies are involved right

Inattentive and doesn't know the size of his car. Those are the worst. We can only hope he will get better in time and with more experience.

I know they have been reported to the school, police, and insurance because I seen both of them happen.

Keep reporting whenever it happens. His premiums will begin to increase, and either he'll change his ways or he'll be unable to afford his insurance.

He may still keep driving without it, in which case report to the police at the next incident.

In the meantime, get a dash cam and try and park far away.

He has a little old Civic. My car is bigger than his.

I have been parking in the back row of the staff lot lol

He sounds like a German car driver
lol.gif

I remember our HS parking lot being a complete snake pit. I feared someone was gonna run into me everyday.

Hopefully he/she figures it out.

I have had adults do similar things to me and realized they simply cannot drive but their spouse lets them. Case in point was an insurance agent who's wife backed into vehicle. He paid 150% of the repair upfront and had to trust I would refund the difference - rental (I did). She apparently did this a few times a year.

Knowing how to drive and being able to demonstrate during the driving test, and driving the same way after a license is issued are two entirely different things.

Good situational awareness is a major asset when driving a car. Some people just don't have it, and it sounds like this person is one of them, in a bad way. Couple that with poor coordination, etc.. and you have a recipe for major problems.. It sounds like this person just should not be allowed behind the wheel.

There's a television show in Canada called "Canada's Worst Driver". People are nominated for the show by friends and relatives. The participants are given many weeks of driving instruction with the best one (of that bad lot) graduating every week. In the end it comes down to 3 still really bad drivers who try to get out of being given the "award".

It's absolutely shocking how bad these drivers are. Some will admit to dozens of accidents (many of them parking lot hit and runs), some have written off several cars over the past couple of years, a few think everyone has lots of accidents and just doesn't admit it, rage at other drivers while weaving in and out of traffic, pass when it's unsafe, text without looking where they're going, can't coordinate the brake and accelerator, and so on. A few are immigrants who somehow have gotten a licence but don't even know what the traffic signs mean. In one case a young immigrant's driver's test (in their home country) only required them to be able to start their car - and that's it. In a few cases drivers have been so bad, that even after weeks of instruction, it's recommended that they not drive any more.

Knowing those drivers are out there makes driving a new kind of scary. And gives you a whole new reason to drive defensively.

Shoot. In Colorado there is very little room for error for new young drivers. I think 16-18,19-21 two accidents might mean you lose your license or insurance companies might drop you.

We had one of those. Rear ended someone at a stop light because she slowed down when it turned yellow. Then hit a few other people in the parking lot. Then he fell asleep driving and hit a telephone pole and totaled out the car.

But, hey, not only did he have his license, he could drive after 9 because he had driver's ed classes!

Those knuckle heads are the reason why cops are on their rears ( and yours) like a dirty diaper. It'll catch up with him soon enough . A couple moving violations or wrecks snd they'll yank his license and he will be doing the Tennessee Birdwalk. Many states have special criteria for under 21.

I told my kids when they started to drive that parking lots are the easiest to crash in. Told them to park in the back away from the majority of cars and try to pull through so no need to reverse out.

Low speed tight quarters driving can be difficult.

Some individuals just do not have the coordination and basic instincts needed for driving a vehicle. They don't understand the driver,vehicle,road,environment synergy. It is a valid question of asking what was the driving instructor doing inside a vehicle with that dork at the wheel all those weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back