New Tires Today / Relief

Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeatedly purchase theses for the snow. Never let me down!
They're on both Mustangs, and the other muscles
**Continental DWS EXTREME CONTACT DWS06**
Happy Boy!!!

The Lincoln LS had 2 sets of:
*GoodYear Assurance Plus WeatherGaurd*
Great highway, deep snow tire.

Continental Top Pic
GoodYesr Bottom Pic

287A2486-97DD-4F83-834E-938679D6CF0C.jpeg

36D75125-B22C-40C6-B0A3-696D96D8E9F2.png

Last edited:
I have the Continental Extreme Contacts on my Tucson. Awesome tire. Incredible grip and cornering with a good ride.

Originally Posted by Donald
The Mustang will never be a great vehicle in the snow. Snow tires or not.

Why not?

As long as you're not plowing with the front facia, it'll do just fine.

Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Why not?

I guess the answer is in comparison to what. When I had a 1965 and 1969 most cars were RWD and the Mustang was pretty bad in the snow unless you got a bunch of college buddies in the back seat and to sit in the trunk.

Today when most cars are FWD or AWD its not very good, nor is any other vehicle that is RWD and front heavy.

Why not?

First big snow when i had a mustang gt and a formula firebird was to stop by the grocery store and buy several big bags of water softener salt and place them in the rear over the axle. Kept the receipt of course and returned them in the spring. I made it to Columbus Ohio for a company training session one night in white out conditions and when i got there EVERYTHING was closed and had to go to a grocery store to get something to eat.

Originally Posted by dbias

Why not?

First big snow when i had a mustang gt and a formula firebird was to stop by the grocery store and buy several big bags of water softener salt and place them in the rear over the axle. Kept the receipt of course and returned them in the spring. I made it to Columbus Ohio for a company training session one night in white out conditions and when i got there EVERYTHING was closed and had to go to a grocery store to get something to eat.

I used to put about 200 lbs. of Speedy Dry bags over the rear axle (in the rear hatch 'well') when I had an LS1 4th gen Z28, even with real winter tires on it.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back