Cell phone screen protectors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have a screen protector on your phone and if so, do you have to push the screen buttons harder to activate them? Some people say that a screen protector decreases the sensitivity of a phone's actual screen.

It's never been an issue for me but Samsung has a setting for increasing sensitivity for use with screen protectors. I quit using them on my Samsung because nobody makes a good one that isn't $50

I have a film screen protector on my Galaxy S8. I prefer the film screen protector over glass. It hasn't had any negative effects for me. They last ~6 months before getting kinda dinged up but for a few bucks a piece I don't mind.

Cheap Ebay glass ones here. Never noticed a difference for sensitivity. Motorola / Nokia / and Iphones.

I have the hardened glass version on my iPhone Xs max. It does slightly reduce sensitivity. It's remained clear and scratch free. Love it.

I keep my phone in a leather folding bilfold. For screen protection, a skinobi film. The film prevents scratches only, not drop shock protection.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TB2648S/ref=twister_B07TB22X21?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N8H2CQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

[Linked Image from images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com]

Last edited:
I like the Spigen Glas.tR EZ Fit. 2 for $10.99 right now on Amazon and come with an amazing alignment tool that is impossible to mess up. I like the spigen ones better than Zagg, they're cheaper and don't seem to scratch as easily.

Glass here too. If anything it feels slicker I use a kids case with plastic cover because it developed a crack across the screen so it wouldn't get worse. The only difference I see is that It auto dimes a tad more than desired sometimes . Beyond that it's kept on ticking over a year now.......

I have a glass screen protector and haven't noticed any decrease in screen sensitivity.

Originally Posted by perfect_oil
Do you have a screen protector on your phone and if so, do you have to push the screen buttons harder to activate them? Some people say that a screen protector decreases the sensitivity of a phone's actual screen.

With the current Corning Gorilla glass, screen protectors are not needed.

Originally Posted by Donald

Donald,

Unfortunately, users, hard floors, sunscreen and back pockets don't agree...

I use Black Web Screen Protectors. My iPhone dropped into the bowels of my zero turn while I was mowing. The protector was heavily cracked. The screen was pristine.

No screen protector here, just a slim case. My last long term phone, BlackBerry z30 I had for over three years with no screen protector. It had some micro scratches that could only be visible with the screen off and looking carefully at it.

These things become obsolete in few years, get damaged by other means or the battery dies. No reason to detract from overall experience just to avoid few hard to see scratches IMO.

Originally Posted by Donald

Right, my daughters XR would beg to differ. I'd much rather put a new protector on once a month than deal with her breaking a screen. Gorilla Glass might be strong, but kids are stronger.

Huawei included a screen protector in the box. I don't press the screen for sensitivity at all, and probably would prefer a less sensitive screen actually than what I have.

Originally Posted by E150GT
It's never been an issue for me but Samsung has a setting for increasing sensitivity for use with screen protectors. I quit using them on my Samsung because nobody makes a good one that isn't $50

On the Galaxy S10(not the e version) and Note 10, you have an ultrasonic fingerprint scanner under the OLED panel and cover glass. Samsung is preinstalling a film on those - but they advise against using a glass screen protector on those since it might interfere with the sensor working.

I normally buy screen protectors at full price from Apple or the cell carriers as soon as I buy the phone. If they mess up during the install, it's on them. Apple uses a trick Belkin install system to make sure it goes on perfectly. They are cheaper at Amazon but my track record for installing them is spotty.

Tempered Glass screen protector, cost a few bucks on any eBay site, always used them (wife got me into them, she always did), not a chance you will ever, ever, ever, notice any difference in functioning of the phone, not a chance.
I do see a comment about finger print reader, I guess if you have one that would get covered up by a protector it would make sense what he says. Lucky not many phones have them on front, if at all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back