Extreme Filter by Insane Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
My questions are SRR:, Insane Diesel responses are ID:

Originally Posted by Insane Diesel Customer Support

SRR: I have some questions about your filter system
ID: Hi, sure how can we help ya
SRR: I see your filter is rated at 1 micron, what efficiency is that at?
ID:We have a beta efficiency rating of 200
SRR: I mean normally I see 99%@20 microns or something similar
SRR: so is it 99%@1micron?
ID: 99.5% at 2 microns
SRR: and that is using the ISO4548 test?
ID: One moment let me confirm that
SRR: ISO 4548-12 test I think is the actual number
ID: I believe so yes but I'd have to confirm with our lead engineer
ID: Yes it is the ISO4548-12 test
SRR: Are these filter elements made by Filtakleen?
ID: These filters are exclusive to us in size and due to the unique 3 stage progressive filtering process.
SRR: That doesn't really answer my question though... who actually manufactures the filter element
ID: Sorry but we can't verify your email or you IP location to share that information to share internal information like that. Can you let us know your business and contact information and I'd be happy to share that
ID: An email will be fine and we can email you a brochure and more details
ID: Can we have your name please and we'll send you some more info
SRR: I'm just comparing systems, are filters really this secretive? My name is Chris and I was looking at your system for my Subaru.
ID: Well its internal business information that we really only share with investors, its kind of like asking Apple where they get their private internal components from.
ID: But we definitely want to share as much info as possible so I'll have our manager email you details.

Just wanted to share. Had to ask after I saw the latest developments in this thread. 99.5% at 2 microns would be pretty impressive if they had the paperwork to prove it was verified as such by a third party lab.

Not defending them but their marketing is what seems to be required nowadays to get consumer attention. Only the really proven brands can state the simple facts and get away with it.

Even among something as simple as car wax we've seen companies making outrageous claims about durability and ease of application. (CG being a prime offender)

So think of insane diesel as catering to the same crowd that would be wooed by CG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back