New! Amsoil Upper Cylinder Lubricant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by BigShug681
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Isn't that what motor oil does?
Only if the vehicle has bad rings

A serious question though, how did I make it to well over 400k in my Sienna without ever using this product? I always wonder this when the subject of a UCL comes up. I've never bought one and I've never used one in any of my vehicles. Would I get more miles out of my vehicles if I had?

Originally Posted by kschachn
Originally Posted by Yah-Tah-Hey
Isn't that what motor oil does?
Only if the vehicle has bad rings

A serious question though, how did I make it to well over 400k in my Sienna without ever using this product? I always wonder this when the subject of a UCL comes up. I've never bought one and I've never used one in any of my vehicles. Would I get more miles out of my vehicles if I had?

Maybe, maybe not it's hard to tell I like to think I'm going the extra mile and helping keep my vehicles in tip top shape. It may be wasted money or it may not

I guess Amsoil thinks there's money in the UCL business. If not they would never have rolled this out.

Oh okay I see. Everything is in the gasoline and I don't need this product for that?
If your fuel is REALLY TT, not necessarily. Is it?
Or, easier, you refuel always with fuel with Techron or Dynaflex?

Thats like with A3 oils. If the formula have 790 zinc, is it senseless when you push it to 860?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer
Oh okay I see. Everything is in the gasoline and I don't need this product for that?
If your fuel is REALLY TT, not necessarily. Is it?
Or, easier, you refuel always with fuel with Techron or Dynaflex?

Thats like with A3 oils. If the formula have 790 zinc, is it senseless when you push it to 860?

confused2.gif

Any opinions on using an UCL in a DI Turbo application? I know it would clean anything from the valves but curious if it could help/hurt.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Bjornviken
confused2.gif

Iam sure, even if I do speak Englisch perfectly, I could not explain to you most stuff about oils or fuels. Sorry. That exceed my psychological abilities.

@NYSteve
DI Turbo? Thats independet from the art of gasoline engine.
And equally like old good stuf (2006?) named Redline SI-1...
https://www.redlineoil.com/si-1-complete-fuel-system-cleaner

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/306566/Redline_SI-1_Complete_Fuel_Sys

Has noting to do with your English. Its about you making stuff up. You actully have no clue what your talking about.

You actully have no clue what your talking about.
Says who? Someone that has never clue what he talking about?

Just leave it be. Go play gamble in other threads.

Last edited:
You actully have no clue what your talking about.
Says who? Someone that has never clue what he talking about?

Just leave it be. Go play gamble in other threads.

Says who? maybe 90% of the bitog members. The rest 10% is offline.

confused2.gif

Iam sure, even if I do speak Englisch perfectly, I could not explain to you most stuff about oils or fuels. Sorry. That exceed my psychological abilities.

@NYSteve

https://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/306566/Redline_SI-1_Complete_Fuel_Sys

DI Turbo = direct (gasoline) injection turbo not diesel

Originally Posted by NYSteve
confused2.gif

@NYSteve

DI Turbo = direct (gasoline) injection turbo not diesel
I have understand it. I have only wondering with my short question
55.gif
Because, as i wrote, thats not relevant, whether turbo or not.

@Bjornviken
Ou. "Class representative". I get it.

Last edited:
Got my case in today gona be trying it on the wife's escape and wasn't a bad price.

what's in it? for chemicals that is

Last edited:
get your self on a regular regiment of a good dose pea additive prior to your oil change if u like and keep to that schedule for maximum fuel economy other wise i cant agree with using this additive every fuel up, just too much oil decreasing flame front which could decrease efficiency

if you need a degreaser cleaner and aid in removing water, this may help, but its hard to tell effect as we don't know exact quantities of these esters and ur individual needs

ironically i feel this additive may be good for diesel fuel, maybe mr mola can shed some light on the esters derivation

Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Amsoil makes a point in their description about preventing problems with ethanol in fuel. Well, my vehicles have been on E85 exclusively for most of their life with me (2015 Silverado and 2017 Equinox), and if there was going to be a problem, it should have surfaced by now.

Originally Posted by TiredTrucker
Seems like a solution looking for a problem.

Amsoil makes a point in their description about preventing problems with ethanol in fuel. Well, my vehicles have been on E85 exclusively for most of their life with me (2015 Silverado and 2017 Equinox), and if there was going to be a problem, it should have surfaced by now.

Maybe so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back