Fuel price threads are always fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took this pic last night in San Bernardino,CA.

IMG_20191005_180717.jpg

A beautiful place to live but expensive.

Just over 2 bucks a gallon for 87 octane here in the midwest. The attack on Saudi oil facilities turned out to be a non factor despite a lot of dire predictions.

If it's any consolation, at least you guys only have a $0.30 spread between regular and premium. Here it's $0.60.

I filled up the pickup for $2.24/gallon this morning-pretty much half of what you pay. I can't imagine living somewhere that outrageously overpriced, no matter how "nice" it is supposed to be.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
If it's any consolation, at least you guys only have a $0.30 spread between regular and premium. Here it's $0.60.

Yeah, but most cars today where the manufacturer recommends premium are the more expensive, luxury cars where owners should not mind the extra charge to enjoy their rides.

I filled up at Costco for 2.09 gal on Thursday.

Originally Posted by SeaJay
Yeah, but most cars today where the manufacturer recommends premium are the more expensive, luxury cars where owners should not mind the extra charge to enjoy their rides.

My point is mainly that pricing for different grades is artificial. It doesn't cost more to 'make' premium fuel in other parts of the country vs what it costs to produce in CA. Different grades used to cost $0.10 difference here in the past.

CGT (Cheapest Gas in Town) = $2.399/gal.

Therefore I guess COSTCO RUG is $2.359/gal. but I don't know.

In California they have to pay for pipeline insurance due to all the faults, no?

Originally Posted by Rmay635703
The sad part is Kwik Trip 88 is only $2.30

Why is there a $1.50 difference between reg and premium? Ours is usually a $.10-$.20 difference between grades.

What town is that? With the big spread.

Originally Posted by Chris142

Why is there a $1.50 difference between reg and premium? Ours is usually a $.10-$.20 difference between grades.

I have noticed that also when I travel. Its always .10-15 between grades around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back