RIP Ginger Baker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger Baker letting his jazz roots shine through, Toad is one of the best examples of his Cream-era drumming:

Ginger Baker started Cream by inviting Eric Clapton to play with him.
His drumming directed (and held together) the dueling Clapton and Jack Bruce, especially during their long solos.

The music of my youth.

Last edited:
My favorite "rock" drummer. Although he'd hate that label. Saw him play twice. Got his autograph on my Wheels of Fire album. Fantastic talent!

RIP.

It's sad to see the old rockers dying off. Loved the music. We had his music playing all day long in my house.

He and Cream were a big part of several years of my youth.
Sad to see him go. Goodbye, Red Skeleton.

One of the top 3 drummers ever imo (Keith Moon, Stewart Copeland, Ringo and Phil Collins..ok, that's 5...‚)...

What a drag...rip dude

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

His drumming directed (and held together) the dueling Clapton and Jack Bruce, especially during their long solos.

No easy task with those 2 talents AND egos..but such is the thankless task of the rhythm section. Such was the task for Bonham and JPJ of Zeppelin... when you had Page and Plant trying to outdo one another and be the center of attention. All the great rock bands from that era, Sabbath/Deep Purple/The Who/Cream, either had a great bassist, drummer or both. Some of Entwistle's ("Thunder Fingers") bass solos are legendary and (still) a master class in bass playing.

Baker was hands down one of the best ever...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back