Problems After Adding 2 Stroke To Diesel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Optilube sells a fuel system cleaner that seems to work wonders, it's potent and only recommended for once a year cleanings. I ran it in my 6.0 PSD just this year and run the summer blend for lubricant

Curious as to how many miles are on your truck, I've run the Walmart oil in mine occasionally without issue.

Wondering if your having injector issues instead ?

I don't use anything but aprox 3 oz of Kreen that I have premixed in a gallon of Diesel with each fill-up. The engine is OM648 CDI

In EU we are using "Antigrippante 25"
[Linked Image]

I've owned and made a living using diesel engines since 1968. Never felt the need to add 2-cycle oil to any of them or talked to anyone that did.

The 2 stroke oil didn't cause your issue, something else did. I as many others on here and outside of this site have used anywhere from 1-3oz per gallon for years and it does nothing but good. It really quiets a rattle trap Ford PSD down.

Originally Posted by InfernoRedBeast
2015_PSD I was worried about lubricity. So that is why i decided to try it. And like i said it did make it seem to run quieter.
"Damped" combustion in diesel, implies NOT, than the combustion runing better.

Instead conjuring 2S magic, I have one fine day buy 1Gal Redline 85plus for a 100 bucks
21.gif
It is enough for us TDI for ~126 refuels.
I buy it therefore years years ago
laugh.gif
I have half of it empty.

FWIW, I've been adding 3 ounces of 2-stroke to 6 gallons of fuel for 15 years now in a modified 2-liter VW Rabbit Pickup. Zero fuel related problems. I have occasionally used ATF also with no issues.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back