YouTube automotive enthusiasts driving dealership cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
I subscribe to Raiti's Rides - YouTube channel as this guy always does a great job reviewing different vehicles.

I'm surprised car dealerships allow various YouTubers to drive car in their inventory that will later be sold to customers. I know car manufacturers have dedicated ‘press cars' for automotive magazine writers such as Road & Track, MotorTrend, Car & Driver, ....etc...

Dealerships allow him to drive lots of sports cars. I thought lots of dealerships didn't allow test drives if you weren't a serious potential buyer of ______ vehicle ?

A GM dealership told me no test drive of any of their Camaro ZL1.
31.gif

Could be plated as a demo by the dealership and sold as a demo.
Happens all the time - we have 6 - 8 dealership plated demos in service all the time.

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
I thought lots of dealerships didn't allow test drives if you weren't a serious potential buyer of ______ vehicle ?

How do you determine that ?

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
I thought lots of dealerships didn't allow test drives if you weren't a serious potential buyer of ______ vehicle ?

How do you determine that ?

My dealerships here determine if they will allow you to test drive their cars by the car you came to the dealership in.

SaabKyle basically became famous by doing this. Once you have a reputable name and enough subscribers, dealerships will want you to do this for them.

31.gif

I would've laughed in their face.

Maybe it's because I'm an older guy but car dealerships try to get me to drive the nice sports cars. I'm the kind of guy who will get sucked in though LOL.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
31.gif

I would've laughed in their face.

Same here. If I can't test drive it, then I go somewhere else. I could be a multi-millionaire and want to buy a couple of them on the spot. and they would loose the sale all because of not letting me test drive one. Never judge someone on how they dress or what vehicle they are driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back