Motomaster 5w20, new jug and specs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed Motomaster has changed the look of thier jugs. Not hard to tell who makes it now, as it says Shell right on the back. It also has specs it meets now, is Ford 945-B1, so guessing its a blend.
On sale right now for $14.99/5L jug.

They also have a new line called OE Plus in a gold bottle, looks like its an extensed drain oil, but its $58/jug so unless they put it on sale all the time I dont see it being a huge mover.

20191005_175518.jpg

20191005_175530.jpg

Developed with Shell Technology.

Okay. That could be construed in many different ways. Interesting though.

Just saw Rotella Gas Truck advertised in the Canadian Tire Flyer. On sale for $32.99 per jug. Regular $60.

Originally Posted by WillB
I wonder if that is the newRotella gas line? Its only available at jiffy lube in Canads.

Originally Posted by Uregina09
Just saw Rotella Gas Truck advertised in the Canadian Tire Flyer. On sale for $32.99 per jug. Regular $60.

Originally Posted by WillB
I wonder if that is the newRotella gas line? Its only available at jiffy lube in Canads.

Thanks, just looked, my local store stocks it.

When it was first launched, I contacted shell about it, they said jiffy lube only in Canada. Glad Canadian tire carries it.

Yeah, "Developed with Shell Technology" certainly doesn't mean it is absolutely made by Shell. Heck, they could buy one minor additive ingredient from Shell and use that same wording. For that matter, Mobil 1 could say "Developed with Shell Technology" since they use Infineum additives, which is co-owned by XOM and RDS.

Wonder how much they're paying Shell for the privilege of putting Shell's logo on their jug for marketing purposes?

The synthetic has the same "Shell technology" on the label. I just took the pic of the conventional jug

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
Yeah, "Developed with Shell Technology" certainly doesn't mean it is absolutely made by Shell. Heck, they could buy one minor additive ingredient from Shell and use that same wording. For that matter, Mobil 1 could say "Developed with Shell Technology" since they use Infineum additives, which is co-owned by XOM and RDS.

Wonder how much they're paying Shell for the privilege of putting Shell's logo on their jug for marketing purposes?

Canadian tire does not own refineries, its bottled by shell no doubt.

If it is really made by Shell, that would be a return to Shell after several years of Motomaster products being made by Citgo. Quite the dazzle bottle. What's Adidas going to say?

Last edited:
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

Yup! All I read is "Developed with SHELL Technology"
And we still dont know who blends or bottles this oil. SMH

Took these photos of some Motomaster 5w20 full synthetic that is Dexos D1G2. The Dexos approval number is D135EBAD014. The 014 suffix indicates a Shell product which includes Shell, Quaker State and Pennzoil. In addition it's made in Canada with " domestic and foreign content." Shell oil is back at Canadian Tire. Enjoy the pics.

64A616D1-7A16-4F1A-A95D-3792F28C0497.jpeg

AD6A9145-6F6F-41FE-BC4D-BF10CD3D3E78.jpeg

EBA79C2F-105E-4782-8D82-1B1139A629AE.jpeg

A9F80754-C8C9-4798-93E4-8CFE384C7D40.jpeg

I just bought the last gold jug of motomaster full synthetic 5w20 at my local store. It is not dexos certified, the 0w30 and 5w30 are.

They're clearing out the old stock (gold jug) at 50% off.

It looks like this is a wholesale rebranding of the Motomaster oil lineup, including the removal of the Supreme and Formula 1 Brands. It looks like everything will just be under the Motomaster brand, and there will only be one conventional oil instead of separating the Supreme and Formula 1 oils. This opens up more shelf space for their OE Plus synthetic variants. The Synthetic oil on their website still says "Formula 1" but this doesn't appear anywhere on the jug, and will probably be removed at some point.

I did stop by and get some pictures of the new options on the shelf. There are 3 variants in the OE Plus lineup, European, Import and Domestic. There's then the synthetic line, the conventional line, and diesel options.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

All options are in the flyer this week, with diesel oil 15% off and all others 45% off.

Last edited:
Bought some synthetic 5w30 (along with an OE Plus filter) for my dad's 2008 Corolla (113KKM).
Oil is golden with a slight hue of brown a bit cloudy. Nothing special to report.

On special, the oil was 27.45$ and the filter 7.99$. Total w/tx 40.79$.

The only thing I can complain about is the "transparent" line on the side of the bottle to measure and useless. Can't seem the level through it.
The filter, for what I can see is a Champ lab. Silicon ADV. Well constructed. Mate paint, good grip. However, no clue about filtration and BPV specs. Cheaper than the Mobil1 M103.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back